Buying a bottle of wine on board

Brad548ye

Hi,

I've only cruised twice and that was back in 2010 and 2011 but have managed to book myself on one for 2019 which will be our first on RCI.

Can anybody tell me what the system is when you buy a bottle of wine at a restaurant please. In 2010 on an NCL cruise we ordered a bottle but didn't finish it so they corked it back up and then took it away and gave us a receipt. This was so that when we went for our next meal we just handed the receipt to our waiter who then went and retrieved the bottle for us. Do they do this on RCI ships?

Yes I bought a bottle in the MDR. I just told the waiter bottle of red house wine. They sent some wine guy around, what do you call him. I just told him a bottle red house wine. He went on about something else and I did not pay much attention to him. Later I found out he has sold me a $65 bottle instead probably from some overstock lot. My fault really. To answer you question I took the bottle back to the MDR the last night. The guy says they will keep the bottle for up to 7 days.

Hi,

I've only cruised twice and that was back in 2010 and 2011 but have managed to book myself on one for 2019 which will be our first on RCI.

Can anybody tell me what the system is when you buy a bottle of wine at a restaurant please. In 2010 on an NCL cruise we ordered a bottle but didn't finish it so they corked it back up and then took it away and gave us a receipt. This was so that when we went for our next meal we just handed the receipt to our waiter who then went and retrieved the bottle for us. Do they do this on RCI ships?

Yes, except there's no receipt, they keep track of the bottle by writing your stateroom number on the label.

We are planning to alternate nights in the MDR with nights in specialty restaurants. In that situation, will they let us take the rest of our wine with us? Or, if we just want to finish the bottle in our cabin or around the ship later that evening, can we take the bottle with us in that case? Thanks!

We are planning to alternate nights in the MDR with nights in specialty restaurants. In that situation, will they let us take the rest of our wine with us? Or, if we just want to finish the bottle in our cabin or around the ship later that evening, can we take the bottle with us in that case? Thanks!

Yes they will

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to have them store the bottle tell them where you will be the next night to make it easier to find. Or you can take it with you.