Buying drinks without a package

Because we do not buy a drink package you do not get good bottled water. We like the large Evian water for our cabin at $40 for 12 it is only $3.33 each and it waiting in our cabin. I guess it is more convenience too.

We don't buy the alcohol or water/smoothie/coffee drink packages. I may have a beer by the pool each day, but would not drink enough to make the package worth it. I'm not a wine drinker and I try not to waste calories on frozen drinks. My husband gets the soda package, but the rest of us don't drink soda. We do pack a small rolling suitcase with cans of dh's soda and bottles of water for the cabin. For ships with a Starbucks onboard, I collect all the Starbucks gift cards that dh and my kids get as gifts over the year and use them onboard. I suppose if I were on a ship with no Starbucks, I'd buy the coffee card. I only drink one cup of coffee a day, so it has to be a good one :D

We do pack a small rolling suitcase with cans of dh's soda and bottles of water for the cabin. For ships with a Starbucks onboard, I collect all the Starbucks gift cards that dh and my kids get as gifts over the year and use them onboard. I suppose if I were on a ship with no Starbucks, I'd buy the coffee card. I only drink one cup of coffee a day, so it has to be a good one :D

So is it true you can bring a case of soda and a case of water onboard with you? I have seen people say yes and no. I would definitely like to do this but want to be sure we can do it so I don't have to abandon a case of Diet Mt Dew and water at check-in...

So is it true you can bring a case of soda and a case of water onboard with you? I have seen people say yes and no. I would definitely like to do this but want to be sure we can do it so I don't have to abandon a case of Diet Mt Dew and water at check-in...

Taking soda and water onboard is technically prohibited, but usually allowed.

You will need to decide if the cost of the Diet Mt Dew and water is worth the gamble if you lose it. Many people would think that would be worth it to try.