Buying drinks without a package

Could someone please advise how much a glass of wine, diet coke and bottled water actually costs on the cruise. One of us only drinks water and coffee and the other the occasional glass of wine, so we are thinking that a drinks package is a little over the top for us.

Our understanding is that coffee, water and perhaps cordial may be available in the dining room. And do they have diet drinks for diabetics? Oh, we are first time cruisers, flying blind.

Thankyou for your assistance.:confused::confused::confused:

We are first time cruisers on RC too. We have been trying to find out the same. My husband found out the following:

Beer - $7-$8

Wine - $10-$16

Bottled Water - $2.25-$3.25

Cocktail - $10-$12

Soda - $3.25

Latte (specialty coffee) - $4.25

Then an additional 18% gratuity is added to all purchases. It says it is based off of 2017 pricing.

Have fun!

The prices listed above are fairly accurate. While the wine prices (both by bottle and glass) onboard are definitely high, if you may have a few glasses throughout the week at say dinner, consider the price of a bottle as it may be more economical. If you don't finish it, they will keep it for you and save for the next night.

Sprite zero was available in the MDR on our recent Serenade cruise but I don't know if it's fleet-wide or available in the individual bars.

I think it's very unlikely from what you say about your drinking habits that you would get your money's worth with a package.

Drink prices on each ship (and sometimes from one bar to the next) can vary. My last cruise was this past June was on Radiance. My drink of choice, gin & tonic was $8. I had purchased the alcohol package for $42/day. That meant that I had to drink more than 5 drinks a day to break even or come out ahead. I accomplished that. DW does not drink enough to make the package worthwhile. The cost of the drink package on my upcoming cruise is again $42/day. However, the new rule is that if one person buys it, both people in the cabin must buy it. So for us, it is no longer worthwhile. I will buy my drinks on an individual basis. You need to weigh the cost of the package (for both people in your cabin) against how much you think you will drink on a daily basis to determine if it will be worthwhile for you.

The only diet drink is Diet Coke, and it’s not included sadly.

The "free" iced tea is non-sweet. There are other sugar-free drinks besides Diet Coke, and the cost would be around $4 for a 12oz can.

The ONLY complimentary drinks on board Royal Caribbean ships are iced tea (unsweetened), lemonade, tap water, milk, hot tea, hot coffee (non-barista) and, only during breakfast, fruit juices (tomato, orange, grapefruit & apple). You can partake of a complimentary cocktail during the captain’s reception normally scheduled for the second night.

The ONLY complimentary drinks on board Royal Caribbean ships are iced tea (unsweetened), lemonade, tap water, milk, hot tea, hot coffee (non-barista) and, only during breakfast, fruit juices (tomato, orange, grapefruit & apple). You can partake of a complimentary cocktail during the captain’s reception normally scheduled for the second night.

Also flavored waters, punch (similar to the lemonade), chocolate milk and hot chocolate.

• 5 months later...

I would have maybe 5 non-alcoholic cocktails and 2 Cappuccino’s on a sea day and less on shore days. Does anyone know the price of non-alcoholic cocktails and cappuccino’s in Australian dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would have maybe 5 non-alcoholic cocktails and 2 Cappuccino’s on a sea day and less on shore days. Does anyone know the price of non-alcoholic cocktails and cappuccino’s in Australian dollars

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can´t answer your question, but at 7 drinks a day it might be worth it to get a package.

However one thing - the ship will use USD onboard, so drink prices onboard will be charged in USD not Australian!

I can´t answer your question, but at 7 drinks a day it might be worth it to get a package.

However one thing - the ship will use USD onboard, so drink prices onboard will be charged in USD not Australian!

The problem for me is that although the drinks are charged at US rates, what I sign up for is in Australian dollars. 7 drinks a day would be probably over the top and given that there are only 4 sailing days in a 10 night cruise, I think that a package costing $425.25 AUD for one person is a tad excessive.

A non-alcoholic cocktail is around $5.

Cafe Promenade pricing:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55344734&postcount=37

We sail RCI and opted this time to NOT do a drink package since they require both of us to buy one. It would have been more than $1,000+ for our 9 night cruise. We have found other ways to save some costs.

Here are a few tips....

1) For sure bring your own wine as indicated you can bring a few bottles per cabin. If you have friends traveling ask them to bring wine with them. Plus since we booked specialty dining package you get to buy full bottles of wine at 40% off. Still overall cheaper than buying single wines.

2) everyday there is a drink of the day which is cheaper. Only $8.95

3) we are diamond so we get free drinks in the evening in the diamond lounge or 3 freebies around the ship. Nice benefit.

4) last RCCL cruise we were on mid week they started selling “drink cards” which gave you 10 cocktails for $80.

5) we always order a case of the large Evian to be in our cabin via the ship To get us started.

6) finally, we bring our yeti bottles and fill them with beverages from the buffet. We are not soda drinkers though.

Bottom line, the liquor is the biggest rip off on a ship now so if you like to drink a variety then the drink package may make sense.

The problem for me is that although the drinks are charged at US rates, what I sign up for is in Australian dollars. 7 drinks a day would be probably over the top and given that there are only 4 sailing days in a 10 night cruise, I think that a package costing $425.25 AUD for one person is a tad excessive.

Not quite sure why that´s a problem, but here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=425+AUD+in+USD

You can always pay per drink onboard without the package.

Not quite sure why that´s a problem, but here you go:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=425+AUD+in+USD

You can always pay per drink onboard without the package.

I know how to do the conversion, the problem was that Royal Caribbean Australia refused to tell me the onboard prices so that I could work out whether the package was a good deal for me.