Celebrity Solstice Vancouver to Hawaii

Cruisingirl2012

Thats a very subjective question. Some people (like me), love sea days. I've done this cruise as well as several transatlantic cruises and never get tired of sea days but other people can't handle more than one or two. It depends on you.

Just would like to hear from anyone who booked this Cruise out of Vancouver if they found it long with all the days at sea?

Looking for September 2019.

Also done it both ways. I was really worried about the 5 days on the first one but we met a bunch of really great people and we hung out with them which really made the 5 days no issue for me at all. The other two times we did this cruise we did it with the same large group. I think I would have gone a bit stir crazy otherwise. I'm not sure I would do it without some friends to hang out with. I do prefer the cruise ending in Vancouver. I like the 5 sea days at the end. It gives me some relaxing time after all the Hawaii action.

We've done the Vancouver to Honolulu a few years ago, and will do a similar itinerary again this September. I liked the sea days in the beginning, because it allowed us to get to know the ship and we had all that fun to look forward to. The seas were rough that first time, which was both difficult and funny at the same time!

Five days at sea is plenty for me, though. I know Princess has a 15 day round trip out of San Francisco, with 10 sea days. No thank you!

We did Hawaii to Vancouver on the Solstice a few years ago and it was one of the most relaxing cruises we've ever had. Thoroughly enjoyed the sea days. Never bored. Lots to do or not do and there was a great mix of passengers on board.

If they are still offering the lunchtime cooking class at Murano highly recommend it!

We also love the sea days, though we did the Vancouver>Hawaii RT on Princess, not Celebrity. For this particular cruise, we prefer the Princess onboard entertainment program - they have Husband/Wife cultural experts who are very entertaining as well as informative - particularly the team "Elua". We love the sea days, except for the times that they allow the art auctions to take over prime indoor seating areas, severely limiting seating on days when it may be too cold to be outdoors around the pool. Whether you would enjoy it or not depends entirely on your ability to entertain yourself and relax without constant structured activities.

Thank you all for the responses! I guess drink package, a deck of card and crib board it is :) How is the weather out of Vancouver in September, we will have a balcony hopefully able to enjoy sitting out.

Crap shoot. It was good when we did it last year and September is usually pretty good but you never know.

Thank you all for the responses! I guess drink package, a deck of card and crib board it is :) How is the weather out of Vancouver in September, we will have a balcony hopefully able to enjoy sitting out.

Every time we've done it the temps outside within a couple of days from Vancouver have been chilly. The other three sea days have been very nice but the first 2 (or last 2) have been too cold outdoors unless it's sunny and you are in a sheltered area away from any wind. The sea near Vancouver has been quite rough at times too. One crossing the waves were going over the windows at the passport bar on deck 3. Quite exciting to see that!

We did this cruise in September 2016. My husband was concerned about me going crazy with 5 sea days in a row but I actually enjoyed all the time to relax. You can do as much or as little as you want while at sea. I tried to keep up with most of the onboard activities (ukulele, lei making, lectures, etc) the first two days but by the start of the third day, I was content to lay in the shade by the pool with a good book. We did have the drink package and it did help. We also visit the library soon after we board and get some books.

We had a rainy, cool day the first sea day but most of the remaining days were warm and sunny. I think one other day we had showers but there is a benefit sometimes to taking a seat in the shade. Our evil sides enjoyed watching people trying to take the fancy loungers only to realize they had been in the rain and the cushions were soaked.

We had a balcony and watched some beautiful sunrises on the way to Hawaii.

Tracey

We did this cruise in September 2016. My husband was concerned about me going crazy with 5 sea days in a row but I actually enjoyed all the time to relax. You can do as much or as little as you want while at sea. I tried to keep up with most of the onboard activities (ukulele, lei making, lectures, etc) the first two days but by the start of the third day, I was content to lay in the shade by the pool with a good book. We did have the drink package and it did help. We also visit the library soon after we board and get some books.

We had a rainy, cool day the first sea day but most of the remaining days were warm and sunny. I think one other day we had showers but there is a benefit sometimes to taking a seat in the shade. Our evil sides enjoyed watching people trying to take the fancy loungers only to realize they had been in the rain and the cushions were soaked.

We had a balcony and watched some beautiful sunrises on the way to Hawaii.

Tracey

We did this cruise and it was one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... How is the weather out of Vancouver in September, we will have a balcony hopefully able to enjoy sitting out.

Our cruise left Vancouver on 9/23/17 and we had beautiful weather the whole 15 day trip. The first 2 days and last 2 days, closest to Vancouver, were cool but still very nice. Lots of people enjoyed the pool areas for most of the trip, and even on cool days, we used the balcony at least long enough to enjoy a sunset/sunrise and take a few pictures. No guarantees that it will always be that way, but there is hope!