Caribbean Princess - Guarantee Stateroom!

arijsky

19 days to go; no cabin assignment yet. My plan is to post status every other day until we get an assignment, and then I will let everyone know how it works out.
I would check every day but not post until I had an assignment.

13 days to go; no cabin assignment yet. I have noticed that our position on the wait list for seating at the MDR has been improving - we were #62 at 75 days out and are now #10. I wonder if there’s a correlation between the two?

Thank you for wishing the nice surprise but sadly that’s not what we got! I had booked a high deck forward and we were just assigned Dolphin deck aft. Exact same type of cabin. So no upgrade to even the deluxe balcony. Last Feb when we sailed The Royal we were in a mini suite. So will have to get used to considerably less space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for wishing the nice surprise but sadly that’s not what we got! I had booked a high deck forward and we were just assigned Dolphin deck aft. Exact same type of cabin. So no upgrade to even the deluxe balcony. Last Feb when we sailed The Royal we were in a mini suite. So will have to get used to considerably less space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the update. The good part about Dolphin deck is that you'll have peace and quite with cabins above and below you, so at least there's that. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for wishing the nice surprise but sadly that’s not what we got! I had booked a high deck forward and we were just assigned Dolphin deck aft. Exact same type of cabin. So no upgrade to even the deluxe balcony.
If you booked a guarantee, you did not book a high deck forward cabin. I know the Princess website does not make this as clear as it could be.

11 days out; no assignment yet.

Most likely you will find out in the week before the cruise.

Latest we have received a GTY assignment was 24 hours before boarding, while we were on a flight to the port city. Learned about it when I checked after we landed.

We are on the Feb 26th cruise. We all booked a guarantee, we all did an Ocean View, mine was an unobstructed OF on the plaza deck, the other couple did an obstructed OV. What was strange to me was Princess assigned us a stateroom. We just got our documentation and we were not upgraded, but the other couple was upgrade from the OV to OF and their stateroom is next to us. They were never notified and when I call our TA she wasn't notified either and just laughed a little and stated who knows why and we might still both get upgraded to a balcony by the time we board. I do not think so just checked everything is Sold Out, the only thing left are interiors a very few balconies we would not be interested in.

We booked a guarantee for April 2019, on the Caribbean Princess, and got notified by email on a Friday night, that our cruise was canceled. No explination, no offer to book something else. On Monday, before I could call to see what was going on, I noticed a refund of our non refundable deposit posted on our credit card. I didn't bother to call, since the cruise showed sold out. I just figured a group had booked the whole ship.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Question... does Princess ever CHANGE the cabin number once a GTY cabin assignment has been made?

~Denise

Yes, they have and do.

On a coastal voyage I was upgrade twice, the price dropped so I referred and got more money back and then was upgraded again. Went from interior to caribe balcony on the coral.

We booked a guarantee for April 2019, on the Caribbean Princess, and got notified by email on a Friday night, that our cruise was canceled. No explination, no offer to book something else. On Monday, before I could call to see what was going on, I noticed a refund of our non refundable deposit posted on our credit card. I didn't bother to call, since the cruise showed sold out. I just figured a group had booked the whole ship.

I doubt there was a charter.

What probably happened is that Princess has charged where the ship will be at the time you had booked it, either a different itinerary or a drydock. This often happens over a year in advance when they change deployment schedules for the summer season.

Until they can pull your cancelled itinerary from the Princess web site they will just mark it as sold out even though that is not truly the case.

I doubt there was a charter.

What probably happened is that Princess has charged where the ship will be at the time you had booked it, either a different itinerary or a drydock. This often happens over a year in advance when they change deployment schedules for the summer season.

Until they can pull your cancelled itinerary from the Princess web site they will just mark it as sold out even though that is not truly the case.

Thanks for the explanation!