What is/was Vietnam visa fee charged by Princess

wallyj

I would like to know any persons who have recently sailed Princess to Vietnam what the visa fee for US passports was charged to thier shipboard account. My cruise personalizer says $56, but did see a passenger on Diamond last year post the charge was only $30 plus $1 processing fee even though personalizer had higher amount. I have seen posts from passengers on Royal Caribbean sailings next month are being told the fee is only $5 plus $1 processing. I did read somewhere Vietnam had re introduced the $5 cruise ship visa but wonder if it is cruise line specific in terms that the cruise line has to signup/enroll in ?

I'd have to look when I get home for exact amount but on my recent Sapphire Princess cruise in Dec they were considerably less than what Princess had posted. I would say more in the $30-40 range. We just turned in our passports and it was all taken care of

Whatever it is you have no choice but to pay it so there is no point worrying about it. Budget for the maximum and see what happens. I doubt that it will be more than USD $56 so if it's cheaper then :D:D:D

You do have a choice! It is OK for folks to obtain their own Visa directly from the Republic of Vietnam. Just looked and their current fee is $17 if doing by mail for a single entry visa. One would have to decide if its worth the hassle (and postage) or just easier to pay Princess their higher fees.

Hank

You do have a choice! It is OK for folks to obtain their own Visa directly from the Republic of Vietnam. Just looked and their current fee is $17 if doing by mail for a single entry visa. One would have to decide if its worth the hassle (and postage) or just easier to pay Princess their higher fees.

Hank

Certainly not worth the hassle what if you don't end up cruising or do not make the port....just my opinion...however, I have driven an hour+ to the Chinese Consulate in LA 4 times to avoid processing fees, if I am one to talk;p however, the real reason this last time is we were on another cruise..and I did not want to pay the expedite fee.