Laundry question

MarKandi

Based on the $20 for a full bag, we took less clothing than usual on our Eurodam cruise over the Christmas week. It worked out great and we were able to get by with just carry-ons on the plane saving us from the $50 roundtrip it would have cost us to check a bag. I realize this wouldn't work for Alaska or cold weather cruising, where we would have to tote heavier clothing.

It's still worth it even then. We filled the bag, left it on the bed and had it back that afternoon all neatly folded.

It also helped that formal nights are now gala nights and I didn't have to bring suits and extra shoes, etc. Just collard shirts, slacks and one light sport jacket (and even that wasn't necessary).

I figured the cost had risen since we last used it...guess not. Think I’ll stick to the per bag pricing instead of ~$200 for our 28 day cruise.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just my opinion, but I would go for the package. We typically send a bag out every 3 days. That would equate to approx. $7/bag with the package. If you figured the same at $20 (providing it is even still that price) every 3 days would equal about $9. Also, not having to worry about stuffing the bag til you can bounce a quarter off it (which my DH still does!), is worth it. No worries = happier cruise. Again, just my NSHO.

Linda R.

I figured the cost had risen since we last used it...guess not. Think I’ll stick to the per bag pricing instead of ~$200 for our 28 day cruise.

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$20 a bag and its a bargain!

Cruised the Eurodam to Alaska this past September and used it once - bag stuffed to the gills and was back the same day. Allowed us to pack less as we stayed in Seattle post-cruise for three days.

On our last cruise on NA, the bag was very flimsy paper and it tore as soon as we got more than just a few garments in it. It was much smaller than I thought it should be. Are the bags you're describing above more durable? How much do they hold?

We have taken several long cruises on HAL and have never had a flimsy paper bag for laundry. It has always been a cloth laundry bag and quite sturdy. Celebrity uses paper bags that tear easily. How much the bag holds is all relative to what you put in it. I am estimating the bag is about 24” tall by 12” wide.

Our experience on the NA was not the same and they used cloth bags on our TA in 2016. Just off the Eurodam and they had the same exact cloth bags.

These bags hold a ton of cloths of you roll them tight and pack until the bag is ready to pop............exaggerating a bit here but it IS amazing how much you can pack in one of these bags. We typically got clothes back either that evening or the next morning at the latest.

On our last cruise on NA, the bag was very flimsy paper and it tore as soon as we got more than just a few garments in it. It was much smaller than I thought it should be. Are the bags you're describing above more durable? How much do they hold?