Adding Pax to Stateroom

astrocat

Hello .. if considering adding a passenger to a stateroom (which does have the potential capacity), how late in the process can this happen?

For instance, if the third passenger can't yet commit to the timetabling, but you want to sign up the deposit for a cruise which is some way off.

Can you add their name in later, and Celebrity (through the TA) rhen advises of the additional costs? Does it affect your initial booking?

TIA as always.

Adding a pax involves current pricing for them as well as a deposit so their deposit follows the same rule as others.

Now .. the problem.. just because there is a bunk in your cabin it does not mean that you can add a person. There is a limit to the number of pax per life boat station.. aka.. muster station.. so not always possible to add a person especially with a late booking

I have heard a couple of rants on here because people could not add a family member to a cabin they had booked

We travelled as a family of 5 on Oasis a few years ago. Friends had the room next to us for their family of 4. 4 days out from departure our friends decided they wanted to bring an older daughter but they didn’t have room in their cabin so asked could we try and add her to our booking. Our TA and Royal Caribbean were very accommodating.

In an interesting twist, we are Australian but had commenced our holiday and were in LA. Our TA was in Australia, our friends were in Indiana and his daughter was in another state. Complicated given our nationalities and passports.

I simply sent our friend and TA an email saying it was okay by us to add their daughter and they could sort it out. A few emails and it was done. Our friend commented that adding his daughter was a cheaper rate than the rest of their party...go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello .. if considering adding a passenger to a stateroom (which does have the potential capacity), how late in the process can this happen?

The critical factor is that the room having the potential capacity could be meaningless close to the sailing date. Obviously the person will have to be added before the sail date but no one can predict how much before. The total number of bodies permitted on the ship based only on room capacity is higher than lifeboat capacity. So, unlikely a hotel, every person on the ship must have a seat on a lifeboat. So if you were to add them a week before sailing, you could very well be told that the ship is at capacity so the person can’t be added.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very useful information so far everyone! So if we added them now to be safe, and even if they subsequently pulled out .. that might seem to be safer? A - they get the same perks and pricing. B - they get a berth.

The cruise is a long way off, as in Late 2019 .. we just booked on board but may want to add our son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very useful information so far everyone! So if we added them now to be safe, and even if they subsequently pulled out .. that might seem to be safer? A - they get the same perks and pricing. B - they get a berth.

The cruise is a long way off, as in Late 2019 .. we just booked on board but may want to add our son.

Yes, if you add them now it’s the safest course, especially if you are happy w the perks and pricing now. If you cancel them before final payment, no harm done. If you need to cancel them after final payment you will face cancellation penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, if you add them now it’s the safest course, especially if you are happy w the perks and pricing now. If you cancel them before final payment, no harm done. If you need to cancel them after final payment you will face cancellation penalties.

The OP is from New Zealand so may be booking under different rules related to cancellation penalties.

I hope to hear back from our TA and the Australasian X rep tomorrow. We booked while on board Infinity about 10 days ago so shall see how it pans out. I’ll keep you posted :-)