Ship times for West Coast Departures

Does anyone know if ships that depart the West Coast, namely the Carnival Splendor, are on Pacific Time? I'm booking a private excursion in Puerto Vallarta which is Central Time so there will be a 2 hr time difference I'm going to need to factor in. I've done a search on the Mexican Riveria board and can't find this answer.

Thanks!

First, I would be asking this on the Carnival board, as Carnival has somewhat different policies on ship's time, than most other cruise lines. So this is really a Carnival policy question.

Second, time of the year matters. As I understand it, Mexico doesn't do Daylight Savings Time and most of the US does, so that will affect time issues.

Second, time of the year matters. As I understand it, Mexico doesn't do Daylight Savings Time and most of the US does, so that will affect time issues.

Mexico does do DST, but they don't change the clocks on the same dates as the U.S. For example, in 2018, U.S. DST runs from Mar. 11 - Nov. 4. In Mexico, it's Apr. 1 - Oct. 28. So, for most of the year, Puerto Vallarta is 2 hours ahead of Pacific Time, but from Mar. 11 - Apr. 1 (this year), it will be only one hour ahead.

Mexico does do DST, but they don't change the clocks on the same dates as the U.S. For example, in 2018, U.S. DST runs from Mar. 11 - Nov. 4. In Mexico, it's Apr. 1 - Oct. 28. So, for most of the year, Puerto Vallarta is 2 hours ahead of Pacific Time, but from Mar. 11 - Apr. 1 (this year), it will be only one hour ahead.

Thanks for that info. Reinforces the concept the OP needs to specify when they are going.

Does anyone know if ships that depart the West Coast, namely the Carnival Splendor, are on Pacific Time? I'm booking a private excursion in Puerto Vallarta which is Central Time so there will be a 2 hr time difference I'm going to need to factor in. I've done a search on the Mexican Riveria board and can't find this answer.

Thanks!

With few exceptions, (transition cruises), the ship's time is always the time of the home port. The captain may make an announcement for the convenience of the passengers telling them what the local time is, but the ship's time never changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We cruise to Mexico once a year from Long Beach. On EVERY cruise the captain changed the ships time during the cruise. It did NOT remain on the home port time . Always stay on ship's time but be aware that time on shore can be different.

With few exceptions, (transition cruises), the ship's time is always the time of the home port. The captain may make an announcement for the convenience of the passengers telling them what the local time is, but the ship's time never changes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I assume you mean on Carnival? This is NOT true on HAL, or Princess, for example.

If you mean on Carnival, that is what I referred to in Post #2 on this thread, in that Carnival has some different policies from most other cruise lines in this regard.

The answer is it depends. On what, it is hard to say. One cruiser above said that the captain of the Princess ship they were on changed ship time to local time. The captain of my Ruby Princess cruise earlier this month definitely did not do that. It was clearly announced in every possible way that local time and ship time were different. On various Mexican Riviera cruises on Carnival, Holland America, and Princess, the captain has changed the clock one, two or three hours during the cruise, and even within a cruise line it has varied, as evidenced by different experiences of the poster above and me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk