Beach Break

tiba99

First time at grand Turks and I read once you leave the boat the beach is right there and you will have no problem finding chairs! Is this true?! I have a feeling it’s going to be packed! What’s a good way in doing this I will be traveling with two kids ages 5 and 7! Is there another beach I should go instead that you guys recommend?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

First time at grand Turks and I read once you leave the boat the beach is right there and you will have no problem finding chairs! Is this true?! I have a feeling it’s going to be packed! What’s a good way in doing this I will be traveling with two kids ages 5 and 7! Is there another beach I should go instead that you guys recommend?!

Yes, there are beach loungers located right there by the pier, to the left or to the right.

A lot depends on whether you're the only ship in port, or if you are the second ship in port. If you arrive after someone else, it might be difficult to find a free beach-lounger to the left of the pier (by Margaritaville). If you're first to arrive, or the only ship in port, you shouldn't have too many problems.

Note that while most of the loungers in this area are free (marked "GTCC"), there are about two rows of loungers close to the water where locals can charge for use of them. The loungers by the pool are all free, and they're not too far from the beach, as you'll discover.

There are loungers to the right of the pier also. Those are all free and the beach is less hectic. There are no restrooms there but the cruise terminal plaza restrooms aren't too far away.

Yes, there are beach loungers located right there by the pier, to the left or to the right.

A lot depends on whether you're the only ship in port, or if you are the second ship in port. If you arrive after someone else, it might be difficult to find a free beach-lounger to the left of the pier (by Margaritaville). If you're first to arrive, or the only ship in port, you shouldn't have too many problems.

Note that while most of the loungers in this area are free (marked "GTCC"), there are about two rows of loungers close to the water where locals can charge for use of them. The loungers by the pool are all free, and they're not too far from the beach, as you'll discover.

There are loungers to the right of the pier also. Those are all free and the beach is less hectic. There are no restrooms there but the cruise terminal plaza restrooms aren't too far away.

Which side should I go which it’s more quieter?! Left or right!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

When leaving the ship...

the left side is better for swimming.

The right side was quieter (when we were there).

Since we had kids we went to the left and found a lounger. We were the second ship there but we made sure we got off early. We had no problem finding one.

Later we walked the beach on the right and looked for shells.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Lot's of room but it depends if the OP is willing to pay for those chairs. ;)
We sat about middle ways between the terminal and Jacks Shack. The chairs were free there, too, when we were there. I don't remember the name of the place we were sitting in front of, but it had a restaurant and bar service on the beach as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Loungers by what pool are free?

Loungers by what pool are free?

There is a large pool at Margaritaville that has loungers around it. The pool and those loungers are free to use.

I've read that the pool at Grand Turk is the largest pool at ANY Margaritaville...and based on the ones I've seen myself, I believe it.

Walk down the beach to the left & head to Jack's Shack - the kids would probably enjoy watching Topher dig for crabs or try to catch sand balls. I don't remember whether they charge for chairs - I thought the chairs were free, but a charge for umbrellas. We went there & sat on the deck - ordered food & drink. We also played out in the water. The beach is not rocky there like it was next to the ship.