What food is a must not miss.

robindina

If you liked fried food...you absolutely have to try the seafood fritter that is offered on the Lido buffet on the day that the specialty is "Caribbean." (on our last 7-day cruise, they offered Caribbean twice, and only had the fritter the first day). It's just a random seafood fritter, but we always look for it, because it is delicious!!!

Lots of my other faves have already been mentioned. Guy's, pizza, etc. I also love ordering the cheese plate from the dessert menu as an appetizer (in addition to another appetizer, of course). Yum!

If the ship has Blue Iguana....try the breakfast burrito, especially with the crispy potato hash browns. And don't miss the passion fruit - orange - mango juice, available only at breakfast time.

In the MDR....bbq chicken flatbread appetizer, all of the cold fruit soups especially the strawberry, and the pork chops are amazing. For dessert, creme brulee is very good.

Quattro Formagio pizza with added pepperoni is really good.

Room service chocolate cake is delicious.

Also....Carnival's hot chocolate, available in the MDR and also from the drinks dispensers in the Lido buffet area.

Edited by terri-eddie
forgot one item!

For breakfast, I like the juevos rancheros with salsa (tostada with beans, lettuce, cheese, possibly avocado, runny fried egg), and an arepa or two . Only a small smattering of people get this breakfast, but it's excellent quality.

As others said: the pizza is excellent, also like the burgers, Mongolian Wok.

I haven't been on a cruise in 8 years, but there are two things that still stand out to me as being excellent when we ate. First, go to the deli and ask for a Rueban Sandwich. If I remember correctly, it isn't on the menu, and you have to just ask for it. That might have changed though. I personally do not like sauerkraut, and at first I was reluctant to try it. I had seen several people on here talking about it before we left, so my husband and I decided to try one, since its free. It was so good and a huge favorite of my husbands. I wasn't a huge fan of the Chocolate melting cake. It was okay, but I have had better lava cakes elsewhere before. My favorite dessert that we had was the tiramisu cheesecake.

I don't know if this is the case for all of Carnival's ships, or if it was because we had any time dining, but we actually found that we preferred the food in the Lido buffet over the MDR. We ate at MDR the first two nights and our food was barely warm the first night, and just downright cold the 2nd. And none of it tasted wonderful. After that, we ate at Lido for the remainder of our 8 night cruise, and we enjoyed every meal we had in there. We also checked out the menu from the MDR and then when arriving to Lido found out that they served many of the same dishes at dinner, and they were actually hot in Lido.

Overall, most of the food is delicious, so even if you find something that you don't like, or doesn't seem up to par for you, you can always find something else that you will enjoy better. Enjoy your cruise!

The flaming tomato soup during the Sea Day Brunch. It is incredible!!!

Actually all of their soups are very good. We are not big soup eaters except for homemade soups, but we always get soup on Carnival. The roasted pumpkin soup is beyond delicious. I even used the recipe to make zucchini soup the past 2 summers when we had an abundance of zucchini from our garden.

Sea Day Brunch has a lot of yummy selections. The pork chop at brunch is fixed a little different from the MDR and is so good!!

Try making your own special coffee by getting the hot chocolate or the self serve ice cream and mixing it in your coffee cup or your thermal cup from home.

Actually all of their soups are very good. We are not big soup eaters except for homemade soups, but we always get soup on Carnival. The roasted pumpkin soup is beyond delicious. I even used the recipe to make zucchini soup the past 2 summers when we had an abundance of zucchini from our garden.

Sea Day Brunch has a lot of yummy selections. The pork chop at brunch is fixed a little different from the MDR and is so good!!

Try making your own special coffee by getting the hot chocolate or the self serve ice cream and mixing it in your coffee cup or your thermal cup from home.

I do this too! I get alarge cup from one of the bars, fill 1/3 with coffee, put a pack of sweet and lo in, then fill it up with vanilla soft serve. It is so good. :') So many variations depending on your taste. A squirt of Kahlua or Irish Cream doesn't hurt either!;)

Its elusive, but keep your eyes peeled for the mousse that is served on Lido. Its in a white oval single serve dish. The mocha one is the best ! You can try a bit of this if you order choc cake from room service as they use it as garnish. Its the best part of RS choc cake.

Be sure to try the tropical juice blend at breakfast.

Think outside the box when it comes to pairing foods on Lido.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Its elusive, but keep your eyes peeled for the mousse that is served on Lido. Its in a white oval single serve dish. The mocha one is the best ! You can try a bit of this if you order choc cake from room service as they use it as garnish. Its the best part of RS choc cake.

Be sure to try the tropical juice blend at breakfast.

Think outside the box when it comes to pairing foods on Lido.

I second the advice to order your eggs benny with sauce on the side. Guaranteed freshness.

tacos from Blue Iguana

Pizza

Salad bar on lido always had good choices

Key lime cheesecake from lido, doesn't taste like lime but was a very good cheesecake

The popcorn pot de creme dessert in the MDR, good if you like salty/sweet combo

The lunch selections at the Taste Bar were very good, wrap sandwiches, soup, chicken fingers, extensive salad selections, bread, 2-3 other hot dishes, chips and salsa

Tuna from deli

The custard pastries (they had a name, something to do with a hat?) and the lemon poppy muffins in the morning

I don't know if I was lucky, but the flat iron steak I had one night in the MDR was very good, as was the tenderloin my husband had one night (both from the everyday menu)

The arepas from Blue Iguana in the morning, with hot sauce and an over easy egg on top, delicious!

Someone else mentioned the potato salad and coleslaw from the Lido Buffet, my husband loved those as well.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

We are getting off the Dream tomorrow. We did not try the bbq or the pizza so I can’t remark on those. My hubby tried the burger and was disappointed in it because it was really over cooked to the point of being burnt in places. Fries were good though. Everything we had at the Lido was great. And I loved the Mongolian Wok. Really wish I had eaten there more than once. We’ve sailed Carnival (second time this cruise), HAL, and Princess, and I can say unequivocally that Carnival’s food is the best of those three. It amazes me how they can serve the quality food they do to such a large number of people (3600+ pax on this ship). I would say try everything you can. I bet you’ll enjoy most of it and come away with some new favorites. Have a great cruise!

We're going on the Dream in March. Is Guy's burger joint free, or do they charge? We were on the Dream a couple of years ago, but they hadn't upgraded it yet. Can't wait!

Joe

If the ship has Blue Iguana....try the breakfast burrito, especially with the crispy potato hash browns. And don't miss the passion fruit - orange - mango juice, available only at breakfast time.

In the MDR....bbq chicken flatbread appetizer, all of the cold fruit soups especially the strawberry, and the pork chops are amazing.

Are you my twin? These are basically my favorite meals.

The breakfast burittos at Blue Iguana are amazing, and yes, the crispy hash brown should go in them. I am only disappointed it took me two days to discover these. (The omelets were also really good.)

I know so many people rave over Guy's Burgers. I enjoyed the fries, but I thought the burgers were kinda blah.

The barbecue was very well-seasoned, but dry. Ask for a little sauce, and it should be great.

We were quite disappointed with desserts in the dining room (other than the melting cake). Many of the things they label "cake" are really some form of mousse; we pointed out to our waiter that real cake doesn't jiggle like Jello. The apple pie was also gross. Desserts in the buffet were a little better.