How come NCL can do fluffy towels, but Princess can’t ?

scouse mouse

Still not getting anybody who loves those cold, hard, bread-rolls, served with cold hard half-frozen fake butter-blend.

OMG....

And, those mattresses that Princess has had for years and decades, without the new ships having the better ones yet...

Another streak of the Princess culture of sado-masochism....

Edited by Wishing on a star

We were on that TA cruise on the Regal. It was a great cruise. I also asked the steward for some better towels, but was told that there were no better ones. Although there was some very bad weather in our path, the captain went around it , and as a result, we had some very beautiful sea days and very few rough weather times. Indeed, towels are of little importance.

I'm another one who doesn't like fluffy towels--or velour. They don't seem to dry as well. Have never had an issue with ice, but don't use much. Towel animals are nice, but I've seen plenty, and yeah, I feel guilty destroying them!

Having a bad steward should be addressed right away. We've never had one truly bad, of course some are better than others. We have also never pre-tipped and feel we get good service anyway.

Did you go to the Passenger Services Desk and say something about your steward? How would anyone know if nothing is said while on the cruise. As far as fluffy towels I do not see that happening anytime soon.

I would never complain on board if I had a bad room steward. I do not want to be a victim of their retaliation.

In the past few years I've noticed a decline in Princess Room Steward service. I've never complained. However the last two cruises we've done have had excellent room steward service and we've provided positive feedback for them. My expectations have declined though, so wowing me is easy enough as filling the ice, and making the beds while we are out of the room.

The towels are scratch pads, but they do the job. I actually bring my own beach towels, they are micro towels and are easier to use when going on shore, they take up less room.

Hate the towels on Princess but not enough to stop me cruising with them!

Off next month to our next Princess cruise and fully expect the usual cheap nasty towels that seem to shrink as the cruise comes to an end or is that just me expanding ;p

Scotslizzy

Hate the towels on Princess but not enough to stop me cruising with them!

Off next month to our next Princess cruise and fully expect the usual cheap nasty towels that seem to shrink as the cruise comes to an end or is that just me expanding ;p

Scotslizzy

Just off the Ruby. The towels in the stateroom and the pool towels were both in great condition, moderately thick and soft.

The towels on Princess aren't great but they work and that's really all I require. At home I use "bath sheets" for my shower towel. I love the big size. Fortunately I don't cruise for the towels. We have never had any towel animals so don't miss them.

Thrak,

Like you I am a big Bath Sheet guy, and I hate the small bath towels that most hotels and Princess uses. I will share my secret with you... I get a supply of the beach towels and use those as my shower towels! Almost as big as a Bath Sheet and they do the job much better. Good stewards that I have had in the past replace them for us as I mention that we use those instead of regular bath towels. If they don't replace them for me I just get a resupply from the pool the next time I am up there. Up to now, we only cruise on Princess and never have had a towel animal either... We like to go ashore and find real animals! LOL

Happy Cruising!!!

Mark

Had to smile (and post) once I spotted this topic. We cruise on many different lines and Princess would certainly rank as the cruise line with some of the worst bath towels at sea :(. Even on the relatively new Regal, the towels are akin to what you find in old 1 Star Motels! And yet, the pool towels are fantastic I actually thought about taking some pool towels to our cabin to use as bath towels...but never bothered.

Hank

Had to smile (and post) once I spotted this topic. We cruise on many different lines and Princess would certainly rank as the cruise line with some of the worst bath towels at sea :(. Even on the relatively new Regal, the towels are akin to what you find in old 1 Star Motels! And yet, the pool towels are fantastic I actually thought about taking some pool towels to our cabin to use as bath towels...but never bothered.

Hank

Their striped color doesn't match our bathroom decor. :D

We just returned from the Coral Princess PC full transit.

Out of seven cruises, we had the best ever cabin steward!

On the first day, we asked for fresh ice each day and he

delivered without more prompting. We tipped him extra at

the end and thanked him for taking such good care of us.

Yes, the cabin towels were horrid and the pool towels pretty nice. Go figure.

it is always the cruisers responsibility to talk to the cabin steward if there is a problem. A few simple words can iron out a complex problem. Our suite carpet was not cleaned to our satisfaction and we discovered that the carpet was replaced the morning we arrived. In a few days all the “pill” was removed and all was well. Princess retains only the best crew members. Having a fresh carpet turned out to be a delight.

Did a transatlantic in Sept on Regal Princess. Steward was awful. Cabin not cleaned properly, towels rough, never given ice etc. We had a Club class mini suite.

Did a 10 day cheapie chappie on Ncl, Canary Isle and wasn’t expecting much. Had a balcony cabin which was kept really clean by our steward, fluffy fresh towels every day, towel animals and ice without having to ask.

We paid over double for our Princess cruise then we did for our Ncl cruise, so did we just get a very bad steward on Princess and a very good steward on Ncl?

Interested to hear other people’s experiences. It has certainly put me off booking another Princess cruise.

Could care less about "towel" animals. That being said, you should have gone to the service desk when issues started happening. They did eliminate most assistants to the stewards on many lines. As to the towels, without a doubt, the worst we ever had on any line, was on the Regal. Small/rough like from a cheapo econolodge motor inn. Cunard had the best for us with Celebrity a close second. Just got off Oceania Riviera & the towels were decent sized but not soft & fluffy. Bathroom, however, was quite a notch above the same class level of Cunard/Celebrity/Princess. Not often I've seen a full tub & shower & a separate enclosed shower in the same bathroom for a standard veranda cabin.

Edited by keithm
additions

Hubby is a baker. I *know* fresh breads have a crust, while older bread is soft on the outside.

Try Oceania. The best rolls & croissants we've ever had on a ship were on the Riviera, which we got off of last week. Croissants were fresh made on the ship. Not like those phony "lookalikes" you see in some of the grocery stores.

We were recently on both the Regal and the Royal.

One of the first things we do on embarkation day is tip the cabin steward as soon as we meet.

Never had a problem with ice or anything else. Towels were replaced multiple time per day as was the ice.

The steward also took excellent care of our three children's mini suite next door.

24402925028_00dfd6e780_z.jpgTheir Cabin

Howard

reason enough to tip the steward..;p