Escape-May-NYC

kattlinx13

Hello. I am booked on the Escape in May out of NYC. We just made final payment. When I log into my account and click on dining options, it

States that Margaritaville is ala carte. I read on a group on Facebook that it was a set price of like $14.99 or something per person. Even if ur just getting nachos. Anyone know about this?

Also... on port days.. I also heard the ship offers discount rates on massages... how do u find out about these deals... looking to book either a single or couples massage.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On port days, the Spa offers "specials". That is normally a combo. So rather than paying $150 for a massage for 60 minutes, you pay $150 for a head to toe combo mini-massage, mini-facial, mini-foot rub, mini-scalp rub for 60 minutes. They don't usually discount their basic services.

On my last two cruises on Escape, both in December, the price for Margaritaville was set at $16.95. On Getaway two weeks ago, Margaritaville was still a la carte pricing.

Not sure if NCL is testing the market by pricing M-ville at $16.95 on Escape but in my opinion, not worth it. Most of what is on the menu, you can get at the Garden Cafe. There are so many dining options on Escape, I promise you won't miss out.

Tracy

Hello. I am booked on the Escape in May out of NYC. We just made final payment. When I log into my account and click on dining options, it

States that Margaritaville is ala carte. I read on a group on Facebook that it was a set price of like $14.99 or something per person. Even if ur just getting nachos. Anyone know about this?

Also... on port days.. I also heard the ship offers discount rates on massages... how do u find out about these deals... looking to book either a single or couples massage.

Thanks.

In your Freestyle Daily, there will either be insert or a notice what the Port Day specials will be.

I was just off the escape Margaritaville I believe was 16.95 person plus a 20% gratuity so approximately $40 for two people to eat as far as value this mostly definitely be the least value of any their specialty restaurants that being said anybody who says you can get the same food and the rest the ship is mistaken I had the nachos at Sheehan and that Margaritaville they are not remotely similar also had a cheeseburger at the garden Café that Margaritaville again the meat had completely different flavor from the regular ship food I know a few years ago when I ate ocean blue on the getaway at that time it was Geoffrey Zakarian restaurant and they told me they did not use the same purveyors as the ship and they provided food from the suppliers that supply his restaurant I would not be surprised this was the same case here at the nacho chips were different meat was different from other places of the ship

I was just off the escape Margaritaville I believe was 16.95 person plus a 20% gratuity so approximately $40 for two people to eat as far as value this mostly definitely be the least value of any their specialty restaurants that being said anybody who says you can get the same food and the rest the ship is mistaken I had the nachos at Sheehan and that Margaritaville they are not remotely similar also had a cheeseburger at the garden Café that Margaritaville again the meat had completely different flavor from the regular ship food I know a few years ago when I ate ocean blue on the getaway at that time it was Geoffrey Zakarian restaurant and they told me they did not use the same purveyors as the ship and they provided food from the suppliers that supply his restaurant I would not be surprised this was the same case here at the nacho chips were different meat was different from other places of the ship

Oh wow. Thanks for your input. Online shows it is now ala carte. That stinks. I don’t want to go there for a snack and have to pay that for two people. Hopefully they change it by May. :)

Oh wow. Thanks for your input. Online shows it is now ala carte. That stinks. I don’t want to go there for a snack and have to pay that for two people. Hopefully they change it by May. :)

Online just hasn't been updated. It was previously a la carte. I wouldn't anticipate it changing back.

On my last two cruises on Escape, both in December, the price for Margaritaville was set at $16.95. On Getaway two weeks ago, Margaritaville was still a la carte pricing.

Not sure if NCL is testing the market by pricing M-ville at $16.95 on Escape but in my opinion, not worth it. Most of what is on the menu, you can get at the Garden Cafe. There are so many dining options on Escape, I promise you won't miss out.

Tracy

Hearing this news makes me sad. I was really looking forward to $3.99 conch fritters (previous a la carte pricing).

The new prix-fixe of $16.95: It would be very hard to make it worth while for 1 person, let alone needing to spend $40 (incld gratuity) for 2 people (or imagine a family!)

On port days, the Spa offers "specials". That is normally a combo. So rather than paying $150 for a massage for 60 minutes, you pay $150 for a head to toe combo mini-massage, mini-facial, mini-foot rub, mini-scalp rub for 60 minutes. They don't usually discount their basic services.

that is good to know. so would you recommend on waiting and not book soon as I get on the boat and just wait while we are port?