D + cruisers do Princess, a little comparison....

Jimbo, the club class dining is offered with mini suites. You pay an additional fee for club class with the mini suite. If your wife wants to be in aft of ship; then go with Royal Princess and the mini suite. It is nice location. I have an aft reserved for my next cruise; and have sailed in aft suites on other cruise lines. Glacier bay is awesome. Like I mentioned earlier Princess does a great job in Alaska. We did the inside passage roundtrip from Seattle last July. Excellent trip; Princess was so good that I booked my next cruise with them.

Jimbo, the club class dining is offered with mini suites. You pay an additional fee for club class with the mini suite. If your wife wants to be in aft of ship; then go with Royal Princess and the mini suite. It is nice location. I have an aft reserved for my next cruise; and have sailed in aft suites on other cruise lines. Glacier bay is awesome. Like I mentioned earlier Princess does a great job in Alaska. We did the inside passage roundtrip from Seattle last July. Excellent trip; Princess was so good that I booked my next cruise with them.

That's the issue, The Princess Royal Ship doesn't have any mini suites on the aft facing the wake that I can see.........

I really want to see Glacier Bay..............the hours they show for the itineary for Glacier bay 9:15am to 7:30pm...........do they really stay in that area that long and ids there that much to see there.......We did Hubbard Glacier this past June and we were not around that much time..........so why is Glacier Bay so long? Please explain that area?

Jimbo:)

Thanks for the reviews of Princess, everyone! Mother just returned from a seven night Eastern Caribbean sailing on Regal Princess, and had a fantastic time, so I am intrigued to try them out :) She loved the ship, her (D4) Deluxe Balcony (aft) stateroom, and all of the ports of call (Princess Cays, St. Maarten, St. Thomas).

As much as I love sailing with Royal Caribbean, I want to try out other lines for research purposes LOL.

Cindi and AZ Cruz chic thank you, we were only 4 days from getting back. Perhaps AZ Cruz Chic we can meet while your here. My email is in my signature. :) I have yet to an Alaska cruise but would like to do a round trip and Princess is only one to offer this . Been is a JS on the Radiance and love them .

Gay

Interesting thread, at the present time we are trying to decide whether to do Radiance of the Seas in a Grand Suite or the one of the newest ships Princess has out right now. The Royal Princess in a Mini Suite for the summer of 2019 in Alaska.

I'm wondering how this comparison would have swung if they were the Royal Princess(5 year old) ship rather then the 14 year old Caribbean Princess?

Anyone on here been on Radiance and Royal Princess to compare for me? We are also Diamond Plus and this would be our first Princess Cruise if we decide to go with them.

Jimbo:)

Wish I could help you Jimbo, we've only been on the Crown, Star and now Caribbean Princess ships.

I agree on the difference between the two ships of 5 ys old or 14 yr old ships. The Caribbean Princess sure needs some big fixes and a lot of cosmetic work done. However our decision to take this cruise was based on 3 main factors, one being the itinerary and having four new ports for us, second, friends who were already booked on it and we and another couple joined them, and finally a longer cruise, we enjoy 14 day cruises.

Good luck, let us know what you decide!!!