Warning FunShop Orders May Have Delivery Charges

sparks1093

Due to a recent posting regarding liquor orders I did a couple of faux orders through FunShops and it appears that even non-beverage orders are being assessed a 15% delivery charge. Not sure if this was announced or not but if it was I didn't see it.

I just posted on the other thread. The Fun Shops advised last week, while I was placing an order, that there is a 15% delivery fee on all items.

I believe the fee isn't charged on bottled water or the beverage packages.

Edited by bury me at sea
Added last paragraph.

Yes that is correct. JH had announced it a week or two (maybe more?) ago. All Fun Shop orders have the 15% added on except bottled water and drink packages. Also internet does not. That’s under a separate section, though.

Announcing changes that way is not particularly effective or efficient. There are still more than a few dinosaurs who don't use the platform he uses for posting.

Announcing changes that way is not particularly effective or efficient. There are still more than a few dinosaurs who don't use the platform he uses for posting.

Right, like the video of the young lady being interviewed for a job with her face planted in her phone says "Facebook is for old people".

Right, like the video of the young lady being interviewed for a job with her face planted in her phone says "Facebook is for old people".

That's funny! I have never been on F...B.... I expect Carnival policy to be announced on the Carnival website.

I am willing to bet some of my fellow dinosaur cruisers don't know or care who that fellow is.

Not everyone has Facebook but the majority of humans do. 2.07b is a pretty large number. That seems to be the best way to get to the majority of people.

That's funny! I have never been on F...B.... I expect Carnival policy to be announced on the Carnival website.

I am willing to bet some of my fellow dinosaur cruisers don't know or care who that fellow is.

I'm 60, so how old do you have to be to be a "dinosaur"?

Having said that, if you're THAT old, you're probably not the target audience.

besides that, FB is for the older generation. Most kids don't do FB anymore.

Yeah. And from what I remember there might not have even been any heads up. If there was it was only a day or two. I really didn’t pay much attention because I don’t order things from there besides Cruise Cash. Oh and that also does not have the 15% off.

At least they gave ample time for Cheers, BB, and gratuity increases. I suspect that was not the case this time because it seems like a BS fee. At least to me anyway.

Not everyone has Facebook but the majority of humans do. 2.07b is a pretty large number. That seems to be the best way to get to the majority of people.

I have Facebook (and even have Heald liked) but that doesn't meant that I see everything that is posted.

I'm 60, so how old do you have to be to be a "dinosaur"?

Having said that, if you're THAT old, you're probably not the target audience.

besides that, FB is for the older generation. Most kids don't do FB anymore.

You're slightly past a spring chicken, but not even approaching the Jurassic age. You'll know when it happens.

Yep. They may as well charge $10,000 per bottle. Makes no difference to me. I am not going to stand for it.

I dare them to find the rum runners in my socks :cool:.

I won't resort to smuggling but our drink budget is our drink budget so if necessary I'll switch to soda or water (or any of the other included beverages) to stay on budget.

I won't resort to smuggling but our drink budget is our drink budget so if necessary I'll switch to soda or water (or any of the other included beverages) to stay on budget.

I'm with you on the smuggling. I won't do that either. Not that I care if other people do. I did just buy some vodka and sweets for our cabin in May and they charged the 15% delivery fee. Now that they have done that my expectation will be that it will be delivered before we board or shortly thereafter. In the past I just waited but now I will go to guest services and complain.