Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

6 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

Bliss does not have HATM, and given that Encore is a virtual clone of Bliss I wouldn't count on it being on Encore.

Well crap...  I just assumed they were on Bliss as well since they've put HATM on every ship since Epic.  Also assumed they'd add them to Joy during the dry dock.

That's going to be disappointing for our Encore cruise if they don't have HATM.  We love late nights with the piano guys.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Well crap...  I just assumed they were on Bliss as well since they've put HATM on every ship since Epic.  Also assumed they'd add them to Joy during the dry dock.

That's going to be disappointing for our Encore cruise if they don't have HATM.  We love late nights with the piano guys.

I'm glad my wife and I aren't the only HATM fans. We will not book the BLiss because of no HATM. Make sure you let NCL know how you feel, they could add it to the Encore instead of the stupid slient disco.

42 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I certainly hope they will have Howl at the Moon!  So far, every -Away class and -Away Plus class ship has had HATM.  I'd be very disappointed if the final ship in the class didn't wind up with the show as it's one of my all-time-favorites to do on NCL cruises.  I wish they had it across the entire line including the older/smaller ships.

Bliss doesn't that why we haven't done it. They replaced it with a slient disco, how stupid.

18 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I imagine that Silent Disco is much cheaper for NCL to operate, but I agree that HATM is fantastic and a ton of fun and it is disappointing that they seem to be moving away from it with the newer ships.

One ship.  Bliss is the only ship right now without HATM.  Neither Joy nor Encore have been confirmed or denied.

I'd hardly classify that as "moving away from it with the newer ships"...  :classic_unsure:

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

One ship.  Bliss is the only ship right now without HATM.  Neither Joy nor Encore have been confirmed or denied.

I'd hardly classify that as "moving away from it with the newer ships"...  :classic_unsure:

I hope you're right!

16 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I hope you're right!

I hope I'm right too as we have a Thanksgiving cruise booked for Encore next year.

My point was more so you can hardly say moving away from with the new ships when we only have one ship to judge off of to begin with...  And that ship was a bit of an oddity in that it was built specifically for cruising the Alaska market.  Maybe they did market research and felt like the dueling pianos show wouldn't be as big a hit in Seattle/Vancouver as it is otherwise.

Encore is being built for the Caribbean so I'm sure NCL knows that a lot of people who sail Miami have come to expect HATM since it's been a fairly constant offering since Epic debuted.  All three times we've sailed with HATM as an entertainment option, it has been standing room only for the first several hours of the show every night they performed.  It was by far the highlight of our Escape cruise last Thanksgiving when Tyler the CD would join in on drums for several songs and performers from The Brat Pack/After Midnight would pop in and out as well.  HATM was hands down the best part of our Escape trip.

G

14 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

My point was more so you can hardly say moving away from with the new ships when we only have one ship to judge off of to begin with...  And that ship was a bit of an oddity in that it was built specifically for cruising the Alaska market.  Maybe they did market research and felt like the dueling pianos show wouldn't be as big a hit in Seattle/Vancouver as it is otherwise.

Great point.

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I hope you're right!

If you look at the floor plans there is no Headliners, it’s a nightclub like on the Bliss. I asked some Howl players recently and they don’t have any gigs booked on the Encore or Joy, my guess no HATM on either 

3 minutes ago, grovesteve said:

If you look at the floor plans there is no Headliners, it’s a nightclub like on the Bliss. I asked some Howl players recently and they don’t have any gigs booked on the Encore or Joy, my guess no HATM on either 

What deck plans are you looking at?  The plans on ncl.com show absolutely nothing but room layouts.  Everything else for public spaces is just wide open with "To Come" printed.  There's no seeing where anything is at all.

3 minutes ago, grovesteve said:

I don’t believe deck plans are avail for Deck 6 yet.  Any that are out there on 3rd party sites are copied from prior ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carderman said:

image.png.f91cb2a3444557080ca808eacb8478ee.pngImpressive progress over 2-1/2 weeks!

I'm so ready for some deck plans, venues, activities, etc. to be released.  Does anyone remember how far in advance Bliss final deck plans were released prior to her first sailing?

8 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I'm so ready for some deck plans, venues, activities, etc. to be released.  Does anyone remember how far in advance Bliss final deck plans were released prior to her first sailing?

Looking back at the "Everything Norwegian Bliss" thread, it looks like they had deck plans and info about the go kart track at over a year out:

Based on NCL Press Releases, here’s when things fell into place for the Bliss:

12 months: entertainment lineup

11 months: keel-laying ceremony

8 months: ship features announced 

5 months: godfather named

What we don’t know is the “Joy Factor”... both on its impact on the Bliss and now on the Encore.  The Bliss rollout came after the info-drought caused by the Joy, as it wasn’t being promoted for our market.  And now the Encore is being tangled up in the Joy’s wake, as both have information coming out.  I still don’t think the official Footloose announcement has been made.  Maybe the entertainment reveals for both ships will come at the same time?

18 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Based on NCL Press Releases, here’s when things fell into place for the Bliss:

12 months: entertainment lineup

11 months: keel-laying ceremony

8 months: ship features announced 

5 months: godfather named

What we don’t know is the “Joy Factor”... both on its impact on the Bliss and now on the Encore.  The Bliss rollout came after the info-drought caused by the Joy, as it wasn’t being promoted for our market.  And now the Encore is being tangled up in the Joy’s wake, as both have information coming out.  I still don’t think the official Footloose announcement has been made.  Maybe the entertainment reveals for both ships will come at the same time?

I know it's not likely but I'd love to see Footloose on Encore.  I hope whatever show Encore does get is a good one.

I would think we'll start seeing Joy announcements pretty soon since her season starts in April/May.  It'll be no time before the reservation windows start opening up so they'll have to have something finalized very soon.

6 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

I know it's not likely but I'd love to see Footloose on Encore.  I hope whatever show Encore does get is a good one.

I would think we'll start seeing Joy announcements pretty soon since her season starts in April/May.  It'll be no time before the reservation windows start opening up so they'll have to have something finalized very soon.

It’s still possible and we’d love to see it too!!