Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

1 hour ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

TheDougOut.............of course the Encore is going to be delayed. All cruises up until Dec 19th have been cancelled.

First sail was supposed to be Nov, thats now 2nd December.

The fact that Meyer said they are under staffed and need more workers to do over time again prove this ship is going to be further delayed.

Of course cancelled cruise's are disasters.....that means refunds, so many annoyed customers and in time will turn them to rival ship companies.

What about all those cruisers who already booked time off work to go on the first cruises in late November early December to now have their cruises cancelled and can no longer change their dates off work to later in 2020?

So from your last comment you only go on cruises to drink?LOL

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Go back and reread previous messages.  The cruises that were cancelled were for AIDAnova. Not Encore. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. Go back and reread previous messages.  The cruises that were cancelled were for AIDAnova. Not Encore. 

1 hour ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Apologies to all, I assumed as I'm on a Norwegian Encore forum, that you were talking about the Encore being delayed next year.LOL

So you don't  accept apologies, is that what you're saying? Just wondering....

19 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

of course the Encore is going to be delayed.

All cruises of the AIDAnova have been cancelled til Dec 19th, 2018! The current delay might affect the Spectrum of the Seas and the Spirit of Discovery. There´s a chance that it might affect the Norwegian Encore too.

Meyer is capable to deliver two big cruise ships per year plus a smaller ship. That´s what they have done for years now. That´s their regular "schedule".

Even if the delay will affect the Encore this might end up with a cancelled TA (which is the first cruise on Nov 2nd, 2019). But it won´t affect any cruises in April 2020.

Right now noone can say for sure whether it will affect the Encore which is to be delivered on Oct 31st, 2019.

Meyer is currently asking their staff to work overhours (up to 45 hours per week).

And of course the AIDAnova is a new ship class which usually causes problems. I think I do remember that the Breakaway had to cancel Haven guests for the first sailing or the first two ones as The Haven wasn´t ready yet.

steamboats

1 minute ago, FreestyleNovice said:

On a 2nd thought on the race track vs scaffolding.. if it was temporarily they would have put up some tarp and the larger black beam surely has a (later) structural function. Let's wait for the webcam pic... 🙂

Yeah, I was about to disagree about the scaffolding.  It appears to be the same material as the ramped section.

Let’s wait for the drone pic.  You’re closer - so go for it.  🙂

3 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Is that the block of the aft balconies/Waterfront aft section?

download.png

edit; perhaps, seeing the height of the block (out of frame) it even could already be some balconies?

The curved edge of the waterfront on Deck 8 Aft, where the glass overlooks the Manhattan Room?

Just got off the Bliss and as I understand that the Encore will be very similar to this ship.  I would give a couple of ideas.  First get rid of Jiffy Buffets place.  This was a wasted space and very rarely used as you had to pay for the food.  You could use the UDP there but not worth eating there.  Get rid of Los Lobos.  poor food.  I would open up Cagneys to both sides of the room or put a different place to eat on that side of the room.