Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

2 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

Get rid of Los Lobos.  poor food.  I would open up Cagneys to both sides of the room or put a different place to eat on that side of the room.

I felt Le Bistro was out of place on the upper deck.  My vote is to move Le Bistro opposite of Cagneys, and move Los Lobos up on deck opposite Margaritaville.  Tequila should stick close together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dpepper64 said:

Just got off the Bliss and as I understand that the Encore will be very similar to this ship.  I would give a couple of ideas.  First get rid of Jiffy Buffets place.  This was a wasted space and very rarely used as you had to pay for the food.  You could use the UDP there but not worth eating there.  Get rid of Los Lobos.  poor food.  I would open up Cagneys to both sides of the room or put a different place to eat on that side of the room.

Min Dawn, Los Lobos was one of our favorites. Definitely should not get rid of it. 

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

I felt Le Bistro was out of place on the upper deck.  My vote is to move Le Bistro opposite of Cagneys, and move Los Lobos up on deck opposite Margaritaville.  Tequila should stick close together.

It was odd with Le Bistro on the upper deck.  I kept thinking the arcade should be there.

Los Lobos has some of the best food on the ship. Le Bistro has gone down hill since the Escape menus came out in 2015. We eat twice at Los Lobos and skip the Bistro now. Bistro is much better located in place of the arcade,,,, much better than being down in the dungeon on the main walk. 

17 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Bistro is much better located in place of the arcade,,,, much better than being down in the dungeon on the main walk. 

I just wasn't a fan of its exposure to the pool deck... watching people wander by in swimsuits.  I still don't know where the proper restroom is when dining at Le Bistro.  I walked out and used the outside one, which was odd.   

17 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Uh huh.

27 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

Wait-- there's a race track on Encore?

Hmmm, I seem to remember that this Race Track is to be Longer and a lot more EXCITING than the Bliss race track. .... I've never raced but...   there are areas near me that were great racing tracks when I was younger.... much younger.  I had a Ford Fairlane 500... not sayin' I raced but I still use those roads when I'm in a hurry... 😉

So, I'm looking forward to a good race track on the Encore... 😄

8 minutes ago, dpepper64 said:

We just got off the Bliss and raced on the track.  It was ok maybe kinda fun, but not exciting enough to cruise because of the race track.  Wish they would use that room for more places to lay by a new pool and something like that.

Well, I think you're a little late for disputing the design of the Encore; I also think that they are looking to attrack the younger generation cruisers; not you, I understand but many of the younger cruisers seem to enjoy since the reservations seem to get filled pretty quickly, right?

I think it's like most things when considering sales of a product, innovation and variety are important assets since not everyone will like the same thing. Attempting to appeal to the masses means, IMO, appealing to a variety of cultures and generations means having to think outside the box.  IMO, NCL has been the forerunner in this endeavor.  

I love NCL b/c it's different and looking for different ways to appeal to different pax. 

JMHO, Cheers. 

Connie

Edited by All-ready2cruise
spelling

Anyone else seen the new Celebrity Edge ship with its awesome Magic Carpet?Now that is what you call innovation!

Quite shocked that RCL and NCL 2 of the biggest lines in the industry have failed to come up with something as innovating as the Edge a smaller lesser known cruise line.

Sat having a meal or a drink in this movable Magic Carpet will be insane. The interior of the Edge is also unreal and only has a max capacity of 3000 passengers.

Celebrity Cruises have sat the bar so high with their new ship, its now up to RCL and NCL to up their game as a bigger go kart track is nothing compared to the Magic Carpet.

http://cruisewith.co.uk/norwegian-encore-entertainment-announced/?fbclid=IwAR0iVPFNLRx_axVkzPz0eGmUeZOlmEM70Wa1ilLYzvI5eDsT_Onov8pep9U

From Cruise with Ben and David: 

Announcements so far! Encore will have a Double Layer Race Track, Virtual Reality room, Choir or Man Show and a Water Slide that will go 11ft off the side of the ship! 

Plus... KINKY BOOTS

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Anyone else seen the new Celebrity Edge ship with its awesome Magic Carpet?Now that is what you call innovation!

Quite shocked that RCL and NCL 2 of the biggest lines in the industry have failed to come up with something as innovating as the Edge a smaller lesser known cruise line.

1) I wouldn't call Celebrity a lesser known cruise line, certainly not in an international sense. 

2) All lines will continue to innovate. Variety is the spice of life which is why even different ships within the same fleet have different USPs. One person's hell is another's heaven. Some will love a go kart track, others will prefer a moving platform. 

• Like 1

We like to sail both for the ship and the itinerary. I'm worried that the hours in San Juan aren't ideal for children. I think we could do a bioluminescent kayak trip in the time we are in port, but anyone else have thoughts on this? 

I too am super psyched they aren't going to Nassau. 

2 hours ago, First_Time_Cruiser85 said:

Celebrity Cruises have sat the bar so high with their new ship, its now up to RCL and NCL to up their game as a bigger go kart track is nothing compared to the Magic Carpet.

This should be expected when comparing a new generation ship to one that’s the last of its class.  We’ll have to wait until 2022 to see how far NCL is willing to push the envelope.

The question is... what gets bumped by including a 10,000 sq/ft Galaxy Pavilion?  I can’t imagine they’ll scrap the Thermal Spa like they did with the Joy. 

Haven’t we speculated that the area that was Spice H2O might be enclosed in the block plans?  That would certainly explain why they started to tone-down the activities held there on the Bliss.

good question, ist it poosible they make a deck more? And put H2O on top ohf the virtuel complex? Can´t imagine wihout H2O the ship in the warm area.

bliss to compare:

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Steel-cut-for-Norwegian-Bliss

we need better quality to compare.

Encore ( from site 1)

d96f2d86885efd3f2efc1e030c415c30.jpg

Edited by Steff79