Everything... Norwegian ENCORE! Launch Nov 2019

TheDougOut

49 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

cavern club with Beatles too and social Comedy like on Bliss.

No Howl at the Moon, cry....

But love Kinky

Howl at the Moon is a HUGE loss if you ask me.  That is my favorite part of Epic & Escape when we've sailed those ships.

15 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Is there a plattform/balcony to watch the race track? hard to see, but i think at the place where it is at the bliss not.

under the white roof maybe? but at the first look i think it is a place for NCL Staff only.

There's apparently an entire enclosed space on the upper deck where the track loops around it...

1 hour ago, rtkenmore said:

There's apparently an entire enclosed space on the upper deck where the track loops around it...

thanks, now read the press release:

Additional upgrades include a covered viewing area in the center of the track where guests can provide passing go-karts with an additional turbo boost by tagging them with a laser beam.

• Like 1

Echo the sadness about no Howl at the Moon - it's extremely popular on the ships that do have it. I assume the remainder of the ship will be nearly identical to the Bliss?

Do you think the loss of Spice H2o will result in a lack of deck space for people to lounge/sun bath? I think they should have always had a "real" pool there (a lot of Carnival and Princess ships have this design) but now it's totally geared for solely just the laser tag. Someone above made a great point how just a small number of people can do laser tag at the same time, so this is a TON of space to allocate for a small number of passengers at a time...I too wonder what will replace the space where the laser tag is on the Bliss - probably just more public sundeck area to make up for the loss of space? A water feature there would be nice or some shade. 

Is it me, or are there 2 "bigger" pools than what is found on Bliss? I know pool size and lack of more than 2 "real" pools is a common complaint for NCL. Does NCL have an offering for adults-only like the Solarium on Royal? Or is the pay-to-play VIBE area the only comparable option? 

Edited by kenns

Wow some cool stuff was announced.  I am glad Encore will be a bit different than Bliss.  If you have a race track that is very popular.…..go hard or go home.  Now THIS is a race track.  OMG the laser tag area takes up the entire Spice H20 area.

I had to google Kinky Boots.  I am not big on Broadway shows.  I love that it has a drag queen in it just to drive some people crazy. You know the ones that want to walk out of shows because someone curses on stage or a man dresses as a woman 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Wow some cool stuff was announced.  I am glad Encore will be a bit different than Bliss.  If you have a race track that is very popular.…..go hard or go home.  Now THIS is a race track.  OMG the laser tag area takes up the entire Spice H20 area.

I had to google Kinky Boots.  I am not big on Broadway shows.  I love that it has a drag queen in it just to drive some people crazy. You know the ones that want to walk out of shows because someone curses on stage or a man dresses as a woman 🙂

They are definitely pushing the envelope with the entertainment now and I love it...  Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, Rock of Ages, Footloose, Kinky Boots...  Some GREAT shows are being brought to life on NCL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

Pool deck is mostly identical.  Any idea what that covered area is on the upper pool deck area?

BlissCompare.jpg

Is the front of Encore really going to be that much more vertical compared to Bliss?  And one thing about the race track that definitely stands out besides being larger is the track itself looks to be more narrow as well.

The pools look the same size but I can't help but notice the white roof structure on the pool area just to the left of the hot tubs.  What could that be right on the edge of the deck right there?

And does this mean we're losing hot tubs as well?  Spice on Bliss had a hot tub at each corder didn't it? For a total of 10 un the upper decks (including Haven & Vibe spaces).  Looks like Encore is only going to have 8 with two of those for Haven and one for Vibe.  That would leave only 5 hot tubs for public use...  😞

7 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

The pools look the same size but I can't help but notice the white roof structure on the pool area just to the left of the hot tubs.  What could that be right on the edge of the deck right there?

Appears to just be some shade...

Awning.jpg

2 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

Where are you finding these other photos you've been posting?  I'm not seeing anything on NCL.com yet with all these?  And about those deck plans??  LOL.

This is just a screenshot off the promotional video...

It looks like NCL corrected some issues with their race track and water slide on bliss.  This race track does not have the crash zones and tight corners on Bliss.  Is it my imagination or does the vertical waterslide not have as steep incline after the drop.  I think too many people were getting stuck and could not make that climb back up.  The angel does not seem as severe.

6 hours ago, shof515 said:

The aft open deck looks very weird and strange

3.jpg

this is most likely the laser tag area 😞

Looking at this picture again...  And counting decks...  The top row of balconies would be Deck 15 (or should be if the prelim deck plans are correct) which would leave Deck 16 (the lower row of windows) as the Thermal Suite & Spa areas.  The next deck, Deck 17, would normally be Spice H2O but is enclosed here with another row of windows so this is likely where the Galaxy Pavilion is going with the Laser Tag being added above that on a "new" Deck 18 area where the lower level loading zone for the race cars are located (on Bliss as well).  And then Deck 19 being the second level of the race track.  At 0:12 Seconds in the video, it looks like potential for walkways to the outside of the track on Deck 18 so that you can access the Laser Tag from the same area you would access loading/unloading of Race Cars.

1 minute ago, rtkenmore said:

Looking at this picture again...  And counting decks...  The top row of balconies would be Deck 15 (or should be if the prelim deck plans are correct) which would leave Deck 16 (the lower row of windows) as the Thermal Suite & Spa areas.  The next deck, Deck 17, would normally be Spice H2O but is enclosed here with another row of windows so this is likely where the Galaxy Pavilion is going with the Laser Tag being added above that on a "new" Deck 18 area where the lower level loading zone for the race cars are located (on Bliss as well).  And then Deck 19 being the second level of the race track.  At 0:12 Seconds in the video, it looks like potential for walkways to the outside of the track on Deck 18 so that you can access the Laser Tag from the same area you would access loading/unloading of Race Cars.

With the augmented reality headsets, I wouldn't be surprised if the laser tag entrance was from within Galaxy Pavilion below.  They all seem to go together.

Do we know if Galaxy on Joy has a cost associated with it?  Or is that a stupid question.

2 minutes ago, TheDougOut said:

With the augmented reality headsets, I wouldn't be surprised if the laser tag entrance was from within Galaxy Pavilion below.  They all seem to go together.

Do we know if Galaxy on Joy has a cost associated with it?  Or is that a stupid question.

Good point too... I didn't even think about that.

And yeah, likely stupid question.  I'm sure there is a cost associated with it.  😞  Isn't there a cost with everything?

I really admire the dare to change the aft part of the ship. It clearly sends a message to remove the adults only sun area to a fee based gaming area.   It shows the generational shift in marketing. Many will miss the adults only zone while families with kids will welcome this change.  I liked Spice H20 but never cared for the changes after Epic.  I missed the tiered seating and real swimming pool.  Those cool down zones were cheezy IMHO.

Should be interesting!

• Like 2

Another slight change I notice is the Horizon lounge (Haven) seems to be more upright compared to Bliss.  The windows are more on a slant on Bliss. You can see this change looking down on the top deck photo.  When I look at the envisioned photos of the lounge on the NCL page, the windows look almost upright.

15 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Another slight change I notice is the Horizon lounge (Haven) seems to be more upright compared to Bliss.  The windows are more on a slant on Bliss. You can see this change looking down on the top deck photo.  When I look at the envisioned photos of the lounge on the NCL page, the windows look almost upright.

I suspect that’s just the angle of the rendering, as the whole bow looks drastically different from the new rendered aerial shot.