Disembarking Reflection in Miami

sheila1947

For what it's worth, we disembarked in Miami a couple of weeks ago and it was VERY slow thru customs. Reason being there were five ships disembarking at the same time. I would have been very nervous if I had a flight at that time.

We are flying home on standby with Delta. What is the earliest time we can disembark? Could we make a 10:55 flight?

Thank you

Depends...:) If you're merely flying 'standby passenger' you might make the flight IF, there's no problem with your arrival time into POM and you do the 'self assist'. If you're flying 'employee retired standby or retired buddy pass ' I doubt you'll get on any flight at all especially on a Sunday. I'm not exactly sure how paying 'standby' passengers rank in the boarding priority, in regards to standbys. If possible, call reservations at Delta and ask. I know retired employee and their issued buddy passes rank VERY low. I retired from there in Sept 2012 w/29 years and a month later my wife and I took a 7 day cruise (Sun-Sun) out of Miami and the Sunday we came back the ticket agent said NO retired employees were getting out that day, but if we came back Monday, there'd be no problem so that's what we did. Got room for the night and came back and flew out Monday. But, as I stated above, if you're a paying 'standby' you might have better chance. Delta res can better advise you. Good Luck!

Mac