Back Again: $100 off $500 AMEX

DisneyDatknee

The great AMEX offer ($100 refund on $500 for World Cruise Lines) is still available through 5/31/18. The good news is - even if you've already used it on your AMEX issued cards, you can now use it on AMEX branded cards not issued by AMEX (such as Macy's, USBank, Wells Fargo, etc.) You first must register the card at American Express Connect here: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#All. The World Cruise Lines offer is one of the available offers.

So, I FINALLY got around to trying to buy OBC for my upcoming cruise. I bought $5 and the pending charge shows "Holland America Lines"with nothing about "web" as was previously reported. I called 800-541-1576, which is Ship Services (and worked for me last time). Hopefully the charge will post tomorrow and I can see how it looks and then decide whether to buy $500 to take advantage of this offer. If it doesn't, I'll have to decide whether I want to take a chance. Probably worth it given the benefit if it does work.

So, it's a little late for most, but I FINALLY figured out how to use this for OBC. I called yesterday and bought $5 as a test and it appeared to be posting as something other than reservations (it's still pending but I wasn't optimistic). Then I went back and checked my emails and transactions from when I paid for this upcoming cruise last December (to take advantage of the last offer). I realized that I HAD purchased OBC, but it was done by my travel agent! So I asked her to buy another $500 of OBC for my cruise (which is now next week) and sure enough, I got the email immediately! The transaction does show Holland America Res, as it needs to for the offer.

So if you can get in touch with your TA and they can purchase the OBC through their reservation system before midnight tonight, it should work.

I did resist the temptation to use it on more than one card since I now have over $1k in OBC from shareholder, previously purchased and what my TA is giving me .

Edited by MisterBill99

Do they ever extend these offers? Or do they just begin a new campaign at a future date?

Luckily, they begin a new campaign within a couple of months of the old campaign. That has allowed us to apply the bonus at least twice, for two different cruises.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Do they ever extend these offers? Or do they just begin a new campaign at a future date? Was happy to learn Citi/AAdvantage Amex cards were eligible.
The offer was not extended, it no longer shows as available on a card where I had it loaded but did not use it. It would have been very rare for that to happen, anyway.

Hopefully the offer will return in the late summer/fall, but obviously there is no guarantee.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app