Back Again: $100 off $500 AMEX

DisneyDatknee

Is this on anyone's Delta Amex card?

I just checked and it showed up on one of my cards. Not showing on the Hilton branded card yet. This one usually takes a while for it to show up.

In general, offers for other travel providers do not show up on co-branded travel cards.

I'm seeing terms that might be different from last year's offers - only valid on cruises booked during the offer period and only on bookings direct with the cruise line. I got the benefit both times last year with payments made to a travel agent, one of them for final payment on a cruise booked before the start date of the offer. When I've paid thru my travel agent, the charge has shown up as Holland America and qualfiied for the offer.

Since the card statement will probably show the payment as having been made directly to the line it may not matter.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the specific language used for the two 2017 offers?

I'd be really surprised if the terms had changed. The only thing that should matter is when the charge is made.

You can probably find the old language in the old thread. TBH, the old thread should have been resurrected for this since it has lots of good information in it on how to take advantage of it.

Thanks so much!! I found the offer on one of my cards, but I have my fingers crossed it will show up on the others as well eventually!!

If you have all of the cards on a single login, once you load it to one card it will not be available to load to others.

The way around this is to put each card on its own login. You can do that now by removing the other cards from the login and just create a new one for each card. Then you should be able to add it to the others, assuming they are not co-branded travel cards.

I was able to attach it to my Delta Amex card in 2017 once someone supplied the link for us to use. The $100 was credit to my account.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that method existed for last fall's offer. I'd get another card if I were you. It's easy enough to get one of their no-fee cards, and you can add some family members so you have multiple cards to load it on, and probably make some money on a sign-up bonus.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It was there for last fall's offer. The terms are the same, they just haven't enforced them. I only have the offer on my AMEX platinum, my old AMEX business platinum that has no fee and my AMEX blue. It is not on my SPG card.

I have always gotten it on my Hilton card before. It usually takes a little longer for it to show up on that one.

I just got this card so here's hoping I will get an offer soon. We are leaving in less than a month. Question: Will I be able to get an OBC to use on the ship or is it just for new booking? Thanks

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Forums mobile app

Is purchased OBC on HAL refundable?

For what it's worth I would plan to use a Costco Visa onboard because the travel spending benefit is greater but I'd buy $500 OBC with the Amex this week if I knew I wouldn't be rushing to finish off the last $100 or so. Based on last August's Alaska cruise, we won't have any issues burning through $500 but that was Alaska and this is the Caribbean.

Is purchased OBC on HAL refundable?

Yes, it is. However, do not register your AMEX card as the payment card because when the unused OBC gets credited back, it will cause your offer to be taken back. Best to use a non-rebate credit or debit card so it doesn't cost you anything when the money comes back to you.

I did this last year on HAL and changed to a debit card a few days before the cruise. I never thought to verify the change while on board and got an unpleasant surprise when several hundred dollars got credited back to my Chase Sapphire Reserve card, effectively costing me 3% (as it would with your Costco card).

I'd take the 3% hit on the Costco card before I'd take the $100 hit on the Amex.

Part of me asks "Is this stealing?" but it's reasonable for us to incur at least $500 in onboard spend in a week especially since we don't currently have excursions booked in 2 ports.

I'd take the 3% hit on the Costco card before I'd take the $100 hit on the Amex.
True, but if there's a way to avoid the 3% hit, you might as well do it.

In my case, since the 3% on the CSR card actually becomes 4.5% when you use it for travel, it was particularly painful. Of course, I did get the $100.

PS I really like your cruise ticker. What's the secret to getting all 3 of the images to show up next to each other instead of underneath (as with mine, which I just set up).
When you set up multiple tickers, leave a space, and no carriage return, between subsequent countdown images. The lack of a newline/carriage return will place them in the same row.

I just tried playing with mine to see how easy it is to rework the signature to remove the line feeds - it may be easier to redo it from scratch if you can't otherwise move them onto the same line since the code is easier to manipulate than the resulting images.