Refrigerators in Cabins

Morris4me

Poo Understands response above just made me realize that on our last couple of cruises there haven't been any water or sodas in the fridge.

For me, it's a hassle. I don't use either and end up having to move them out of the fridge to a shelf.

FYI: the water on the ship is completely drinkable and cleaner than the stuff in the bottles. Just bring a refillable bottle and make your own.:D

You can bring as much soda or water as you want onto the ship at embarkation or in a port.

There's usually a large bottle of regular water and one of mineral water on the counter above the fridge, with hang tags as to their cost. I ask our steward to remove them. We always pre-order a 12 pack or more of bottled water and keep a few bottles in the fridge along with mixers for the pre-ordered alcohol. Oh, and I also keep the ice bucket in the fridge to help chill the beverages.

My refill water container probably has more germs on it than the elevator push buttons. Besides, the water running through the pvc lines of the ship is coming in contact with micro-organisms that build up over time in spite of the sanitation process. OK for the vast majority of us, but anyone with a compromised immune system needs to be careful.

Over 100 cruises and never a sniffle.......

Darcy

Edited by WatchHill

If you want to change out what's already stocked in the mini-bar talk to your room steward and he may be able to fill it with what you want. BUT it's less expensive to have the room steward empty the mini-bar and you can bring onboard, at any port, sodas and water to stock it yourself.

It's not really the steward's job as those are room service items. It's very easy to simply put them on the shelf behind the TV and leave them there. Very little effort required and the problem is solved.

Just off the Crown, the fridge was empty but on top were 2 small bottles of water and one large that you would be charged for if used.

Exactly!

Unless you're Elite or in a Full Suite. Then, you can have things changed by calling Room Service.