Live aboard Getaway

shanefm3

If you’re platinum , you should be able to snag some . The ship also has miraculous healing powers as some people i saw boarding early as special needs using a cane, has since discarded it and is now running around the ship . They also conveniently had a vibe bracelet . So , maybe buy a folding cane and once you get thru, sprint to guest services for your pass [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not supposed to give out the secrets. The cane can also be used to trip others who start to pull ahead of you on your way for passes and request help from the staff " Can you help me? I can't walk well and want to get Vibe tickets"

Question re cell service:

If you connect your phone to ships wifi, but phone on Airplane mode, can you use IMessage for free?

this worked for me on RCI Harmony and Regal Princess

We are off the Dawn Jan 28 and iMessage did not work during our cruise. Not sure on larger newer ships. Hope it will work on the Bliss.

Back on the ship after a walk around . I’ve been here a few times and have done the Mayan ruin thing to death . Costa Maya is a nice place to stretch your legs and they have dolphin encounters right at the port . I had a few beers, a nice quesadilla from the counter at the rear of the port area( near shuttle pick up) . As with most ports , the stores are a bit pushy without the obnoxiousness of Jamaica . The usual Chinese made Mayan ruin temples are available in abundance.

The pharmacy was pretty busy too and judging by the vast quantities of ****** purchased by some , I’m guessing a bumpy ride back to Miami

For anyone not lucky enough to get a vibe pass, i recommended the forward area on deck 16. It looks like it’s closed off to passengers but it’s a nice quiet area . It’s close enough to the bars and music without being too loud . I’m attaching photos below . There is always plenty of seats

Out of boredom , i counted how many times the CD mentioned the word Bingo in his Bingo announcement, the answer is 12. 131fc20018f31742d077f6aa1a282da6.jpg79f3a0814f4e9111c73bc027510a39aa.jpg952b7a58edaaa2f5a16c94bb593c624e.jpg

Enjoying your review and the photos. I remember Costa Maya from a stop years ago before the hurricane hit and destroyed their pier (glad to see all rebuilt). We rented golf carts and drove into the actual town - Mayahual I believe was the name - when you walked around did you happen to see golf cart rentals? Might do this on our upcoming trip.

Thanks!

e92de48ba77576ff1afb55add41868b3.jpg

Vibe is a private area with a bar , loungers and cabanas . They come around with cool towels and fruit skewers . Hopefully the photo attached . It’s a nice place . Unfortunately, i didn’t get in and an resorted to stalking outside taking photos [emoji1]

As is my experience, even with a sell out, this is about as crowded as it gets.

As is my experience, even with a sell out, this is about as crowded as it gets.

Correct , i believe 50 passes are kept for haven guests who may or may not leave their sanctuary to use the area . Only 50 passes were available to the people from steerage on this cruise

Enjoying your review and the photos. I remember Costa Maya from a stop years ago before the hurricane hit and destroyed their pier (glad to see all rebuilt). We rented golf carts and drove into the actual town - Mayahual I believe was the name - when you walked around did you happen to see golf cart rentals? Might do this on our upcoming trip.

Thanks!

Those are available. If you can find CruiseLifeRick's review of the Escape, that's what he did in Costa Maya.

Took a nap after Costa Maya and woke up in time for Million Dollar Quartet. If you haven’t made reservations, do so. You simply have to see this show if you enjoy the music of Cash, Presley , Lee Lewis and Perkins . After 20+ years of cruising , this was without doubt the best show I’ve seen on board . Fantastic . Enough said , go enjoy it

Roughing it tonight in O Sheehan’s with cauliflower soup and and open faced Turkey sandwich

Off to 80’s night at spice

Took a nap after Costa Maya and woke up in time for Million Dollar Quartet. If you haven’t made reservations, do so. You simply have to see this show if you enjoy the music of Cash, Presley , Lee Lewis and Perkins . After 20+ years of cruising , this was without doubt the best show I’ve seen on board . Fantastic . Enough said , go enjoy it

Roughing it tonight in O Sheehan’s with cauliflower soup and and open faced Turkey sandwich

Off to 80’s night at spice

We loved MDQ as well - top notch production! When we sailed Getaway, the cast came into Howl on the last night at closing time, in character, and had a "jam session". It was simply amazing!!! I think they played from 1am till 2? We were huge Howl fans so we happened to catch it. Icing on the cake of an already amazing cruise experience. Thanks for sharing yours with us!!!

Sorry if this was asked, but we are booked on the Getaway in June. How much is the Thermal Spa pass? do you know if they offered day passes or did you have to book the whole week?

We did the Thermal Spa day pass on the Escape and regretted not doing it for the whole cruise.

A negative of the UBP for me is that some people want to drink the equivalent of what they are spending on the gratuity.
In all fairness, that would only be about 2 drinks per day, more obviously, if you stuck to beer. And given the relative weakness of NCL's standard drinks, I'd be astounded by that.

I’m a little disappointed with the cruise director and his assistant. They just seem to give off a strange vibe .

Is Andre Gaffney still the CD? If he is, I would be surprised by your comment. He was quite inoffensive when we were on Getaway in December, almost bordering on boring.

Is Andre Gaffney still the CD? If he is, I would be surprised by your comment. He was quite inoffensive when we were on Getaway in December, almost bordering on boring.

No, pacquito is the CD

Shanefm3,

Is (Roster) in the Garden Cafe with his signing entourage. He is someone you’d never forget.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven’t seen them around

Just back from a walk around Cozumel . I have been here a few times and always try lunch at a local restaurant. If you’ve been here before , you know the deal walking along the streets . You are constantly being approached to spend your money . I get it and go with the flow , i don’t find it as aggressive as Jamaica . It’s a nice stroll and if you go off the main strip ( heading toward the ferry ) , you’ll find some nice spots to eat . I had a soda, and some chicken fajitas . It came with salsa and chips and my bill was $9. They have WiFi if you ask and it’s delicious !!67a5b814e02432e048ffbecf03c6b502.jpg

Just back from a walk around Cozumel . I have been here a few times and always try lunch at a local restaurant. If you’ve been here before , you know the deal walking along the streets . You are constantly being approached to spend your money . I get it and go with the flow , i don’t find it as aggressive as Jamaica . It’s a nice stroll and if you go off the main strip ( heading toward the ferry ) , you’ll find some nice spots to eat . I had a soda, and some chicken fajitas . It came with salsa and chips and my bill was $9. They have WiFi if you ask and it’s delicious !!67a5b814e02432e048ffbecf03c6b502.jpg

7f3a8c695349a08e2a2650b4b32b1e02.jpg