Luggage and FNDR

We have FNDR dinner reservations for 6:30. Will we have our luggage in our room by 5:30, or will I need to carry on everything I need to get ready for dinner that night?

I had a very close call on NCL last year. We came back from the pool soaking wet around 5 and still had no luggage! We ended up having to go out and search for our bags ourselves (in robes). I never did get a shower before dinner, and I had to show up to dinner in the specialty restaurant with wet hair, but at least I didn't have to wear my bathing suit. :)

You will likely have your luggage, but there's a small chance you will not. However, since dress suggestions are not enforced, you can wear whatever you like. They probably won't like it if you show up in a bathing suit, so I would at least pack a cover-up.

Thanks! We were surprised. Our only other cruise had been on Carnival and we had our luggage as soon as our room was ready (1:00). I just assumed this is how it went on cruise ships. After our NCL experience, I wasn't sure which was the norm and which was the oddity.

Since 1st night is always casual we wear the jeans and shirt we wore to travel to the ship. On Epic in Nov. we didn't get our luggage until 10 pm. Room attendant had to search for it for us. Seldom get our luggage on Royal before muster.

Since 1st night is always casual we wear the jeans and shirt we wore to travel to the ship. On Epic in Nov. we didn't get our luggage until 10 pm. Room attendant had to search for it for us. Seldom get our luggage on Royal before muster.

Good information. Thank you!

We have early dinner and sometimes the luggage arrives promptly, other times we leave for Muster Drill and at least one of our party hasn't had their piece of luggage arrive. We take a carry-on with a swimsuit, cover-up, change of clothes, pair of shoes, cosmetics, toiletries and medication....just in case. We had friends who had their luggage go missing. It didn't get to them until the third port, 4th day of the cruise. The cruise ship gave them t-shirts and he rented a tux for their first formal night. His wife went to one of the shops and bought a sundress. Since their experience, I always do the "worst case scenario" and lug a carry-on with me.