Recommendations Around Marriott Biscayne Bay

robmac330

I'm heading out on Escape on 3/17, flying into MIA the morning before. Assuming I can check my bag with Bell Services at the hotel, does anyone have any recommendations for things to do around that area?

So far all I've got on my list is:

- Perez Art Museum

- Laser Rock Shows at the Science Center Friday Night

- Get a sub from Publix (because, well, Florida)

Not really a "head to the beach" person, but would love to hear if anyone has good recommendations for Cuban food, any breweries in the area, or other art/culture stuff I may have missed!

Have you spent much time in Miami? Asking because there is quite a bit to do, just not directly at the Biscayne Bay. We've stayed there and it's a great hotel, but...

We spent a day post-cruise last year, and actually did a HOHO, which I normally loathe, but this one was pretty good. If you've done the art deco district at Miami Beach, that's probably not a great recommendation, for instance. (If not, head over there; you don't actually have to go to the beach itself if you're not a beach person.)

I'm heading out on Escape on 3/17, flying into MIA the morning before. Assuming I can check my bag with Bell Services at the hotel, does anyone have any recommendations for things to do around that area?

So far all I've got on my list is:

- Perez Art Museum

- Laser Rock Shows at the Science Center Friday Night

- Get a sub from Publix (because, well, Florida)

Not really a "head to the beach" person, but would love to hear if anyone has good recommendations for Cuban food, any breweries in the area, or other art/culture stuff I may have missed!

Plan on doing the Laser rock show after being at the Perez Art Museum since they are next door to each other. The restaurant at the Perez is really good!

The Wynwood area is not far from the hotel.

Check out Wynwood Walls and Wynwood Brewing Company.

http://www.miamiandbeaches.com/places-to-see/wynwood/wynwood-walls

http://wynwoodbrewing.com/#

There are also a lot of restaurants there in the Wynwood area.

To add to Wynwood Brewing Company, also check out Concrete Beach Brewery and Veza Sur. They are all close to each other!

Publix Subs? Lol. I really don't get the appeal of these things. They are just an average sandwich! But people seem to love them.

Go to Wynwood!!! It's right down the street. There is several VERY good breweries including Concrete Beach, Wynwood (my fav) and J Wakefield. You can see the art walls, hit up breweries, and there is places to eat. It doesn't get much more "breweries and art/culture" than Wynwood.

Have you spent much time in Miami? Asking because there is quite a bit to do, just not directly at the Biscayne Bay. We've stayed there and it's a great hotel, but...

We spent a day post-cruise last year, and actually did a HOHO, which I normally loathe, but this one was pretty good. If you've done the art deco district at Miami Beach, that's probably not a great recommendation, for instance. (If not, head over there; you don't actually have to go to the beach itself if you're not a beach person.)

I have family in the area (specifically North Beach) and have done the Art Deco district, but they'll be out of town this time so I chose the hotel for the proximity to PoM.

Overall Wynwood and some of my original plans seem to be the winner. Thanks all!

As for Publix subs, I've typically had them after having a few, so in my mind they're still good!