? Added cost of sailing from San Juan

We're flying out from the UK to PR in April to sail on the Adventure and getting decent flights has been a mission in itself. We fly out 2 days before we sail from London to New York on VA then from New York to PR with Delta and paid £750 rtn pp. Nothing direct from the UK at all hence the reason why we fly 2 days before. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan.

We're flying out from the UK to PR in April to sail on the Adventure and getting decent flights has been a mission in itself. We fly out 2 days before we sail from London to New York on VA then from New York to PR with Delta and paid £750 rtn pp. Nothing direct from the UK at all hence the reason why we fly 2 days before. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan.

Don't you just feel sorry for the US posters, NOT :D.

The few times we have cruised out of San Juan we have done B2B, flown into Miami and stayed the night flying down early morning to San Juan.

Having said that at times it is cheaper to cruise the Caribbean than out of Southampton which is less than hour from us.

... Having said that at times it is cheaper to cruise the Caribbean than out of Southampton which is less than hour from us.

Are you saying it's still less expensive to cruise out of San Juan (including airfare) than to cruise out of Southampton?

Are you saying it's still less expensive to cruise out of San Juan (including airfare) than to cruise out of Southampton?

Yes, although there are no direct flights, the cost of a balcony cabin with flights for a B2B cruise costs between £4-5000 pounds. A cruise out of Southampton 14 day med balcony is £2800 each. Independence June £2743 each £5486 per cabin. Balconies are sold out, so why should they reduce the prices..

Yes, although there are no direct flights, the cost of a balcony cabin with flights for a B2B cruise costs between £4-5000 pounds. A cruise out of Southampton 14 day med balcony is £2800 each. Independence June £2743 each £5486 per cabin. Balconies are sold out, so why should they reduce the prices..

Our next cruise out of FLL B2B Balcony 14 days £2900 Flights £1200 + hotels pre cruise.

Didn't realize the cost was so high cruising out of Southampton!

Didn't realize the cost was so high cruising out of Southampton!

I mentioned this to someone who I speaking to in the Miami office. She did say that its not always the case and there are more US customers moving to cruise out of Europe.

In the future, I have been given details of a US based TA, and will see if what they can offer.

A three night cruise in May on Independence is £798 for two in a Balcony.

Although we live further south than some of you (Dallas TX) we have found the price of flights combined with the lower cruise fare from San Juan general equals out to the cost of a Florida departure for us.

We love the southern itineraries (have been 4 times) and always found reasonably priced hotels for an overnight stay.

We have not however cruised since the last hurricane, so my information may not be as accurate as it used to be

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. Living in the south helps for sure and really makes it an appealing itinerary for us. a GREAT value as an alternative to the western and eastern sailings.

I booked a Southern Carribean cruise out of San Juan and was almost turned off by the airfare. Like others have said, between the lower cruise fare, and higher airfare, it's almost even.

People get caught up too much in the details. In the end, the cost isn't too much of a difference. Try to find such a vacation where you visit so many beautiful places.

Yes that itinerary looks soooo amazing. I could even do a 9 or 10 day out of Florida, but I'm not finding anything?

Do you remember what the airfare was to San Juan pp and approximately how much you paid for the hotel?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. We went several years ago, and airfare prices fluctuate. We had paid between 300 and 500 per person, I think. The hotel was probably under $200 for one night but again, prices vary. We looked for something not on the water in the Condado area of San Juan.

Someone else on this thread posted the following: "

The other thing that can make San Juan expensive is the tourism tax. Hotels will be $25-$40/night more than the listed price after adding all the taxes at checkout."

We had booked the hotel through a booking site at a particular guaranteed price, and we had a printout with us of the booking. At checkout in the morning, they tried to tack on a resort fee of some sort for our room and the one our travel companions had (both booked together). We were able to use the printout to make them remove the fee, which was probably another $25 for each room. I would always have a printout of an email or reservation confirmation just because of these types of "surprise" add-ons.

Yeah, that is my worry. We are only 4, but I know we can get great fares to Fort Lauderdale or Miami and find a cheap hotel for a night as long as we plan early...but IDK anything about San Juan. Sorry you had to cancel your cruise! I hope you have a nice Plan B?

The air fares out of the Metro area here is just as expensive as flying to FL.