FOX News... Hannity and Ingram... Internet Carnival Sunshine

hdavidson

So my husband is a die hard FOX NEWS junky.... We have never gotten internet package on ship and he has lived, however he has been asking is there any way he can watch these shows specifically via online this trip (in March). I told here there was internet available and I could POSSIBLY make it work. Anyone been on Sunshine recently or going and see how connection is and if it is possible, or should I just leave him home to watch it, HA! ;p

Lets hope this post doesn't degrade into a political thing. I'd be interested in what exactly the ships network can handle as far as bandwidth, be it Fox's News or NPR, silly cat videos Live Doppler RADAR, etc. I'll be honest. I'm Platinum. Never used the ships internet. (I'm in the biz and cruise to get away from that noise).

What can the ships network connections actually handle? Anyone have some first hand knowledge they can offer?

I haven’t been on sunshine but I have had the premium internet package on Elation, Triumph, and Freedom. I have always struggled streaming video, and at times, audio. I have at times been able to listen on the Fox News app once the streaming freezes and the audio continues playing. You can also find all of those episodes on YouTube a couple hours after they air. If you aren’t able to stream video, download the tunein radio app and try the Fox News station on there. They don’t play the primetime shows live, but they play them late night/early morning. I’m talking around 10pm central and before 8am central.

If you like the Sunday shows (Fox News, face the nation, meet the press, this week, State of the union), the C-SPAN station on the tunein radio app replays them all commercial free starting at 11am central time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have at times been able to listen on the Fox News app once the streaming freezes and the audio continues playing. You can also find all of those episodes on YouTube a couple hours after they air. If you aren’t able to stream video, download the tunein radio app and try the Fox News station on there. They don’t play the primetime shows live, but they play them late night/early morning. I’m talking around 10pm central and before 8am central.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually you can watch just about all the news shows live on YouTube.

Just put in the news channel and the word live and you will see dozens of options.

Not what I watch but this is one of the current feeds

https://youtu.be/XOiH55jsQFY

isn't you tube still streaming? There is no way you can stream with Carnivals wifi. We have Slingbox and watch my Directv all over the world on my living room TV. Even LITE is enough to stream, but 1-2 Mb is slightly faster than dial up.

I got the Youtube app to work on the Triumph(1/20 sailing) and the Dream(1/28 sailing) using the value plan. As soon as the video started playing(5-10 seconds after pressing play), I paused the video for about 15-30 seconds(depending on video length) to let it load some more. It played straight through with no buffering after that.

The Youtube website would not work on the value plan. Carnival gave me the browser notification telling me to upgrade to premium. I also got that notification on another site where I wasn't even trying to watch a video. I think the video tried to autoplay.