Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

The only place for 24 hour coffee listed on the Cruise Compasses I have from our 4 cruises on Anthem and on the ones posted by Seadog67 is Café Promenade not the Marketplace Windjammer which is closed at certain times.

I’ve not been on the Quantum class but on Allure, early risers could get coffee at Windjammer or the Cafe Promenade.

Great review! We are sailing Anthem end of March and enjoy seeing the ship through your perspective.

I have a question, on our reservation under dining, it reads "

Dynamic Dining Classic lets you enjoy reserved seating and choose between two dining times in a preset lineup of restaurants. 05:30 PM." I thought they did away with Dynamic Dining. I am assuming this means we have a reserved time of 5:30 each night but can choose to eat in one of two predetermined dining rooms. Am I interpreting this correctly?

Great review! We are sailing Anthem end of March and enjoy seeing the ship through your perspective.

I have a question, on our reservation under dining, it reads "

Dynamic Dining Classic lets you enjoy reserved seating and choose between two dining times in a preset lineup of restaurants. 05:30 PM." I thought they did away with Dynamic Dining. I am assuming this means we have a reserved time of 5:30 each night but can choose to eat in one of two predetermined dining rooms. Am I interpreting this correctly?

I believe that is correct. Dynamic dining was something they tried at launch where you could reserve different times in different restaurants, now I believe they have Grande and Silk as the mains and more traditional seating times.

If someone else can clarify better for you, I hope they chime in.

Thanks for following along and have a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was another lazy afternoon

We wandered the promenade and even on a poor weather day there is no place we would rather be...

http://

Then we strolled up to the ...

565acd3ae62b65f32a8c55d5cd7b2af2.jpg

And watch Charades... Team A won in dramatic fashion in overtime with guessing We will Rock You. The person charading (totally not a word) did a great job beating out the tune with his feet and hands. Congrats Team A.. Heres your ball point pens, 3 of which were broken [emoji4]

We saw this bottle open on one of the waiters

128bad4f337394ecaba776d56e823207.jpg

Did you catch any of the noon time shows at 270 ?

Great robotic show during sea days only.

We have not yet. We plan to see hopefully a few shows in there this week.

Can't believe they served deviled eggs! Were they good?

Yes they are very good, especially washed down with a beer ;)

We're sailing Anthem on March 9th as well and this thread is making me sooooo anxious to go! Even more so than normal -lol!

Sea Dog I really appreciate your review! Thanks!!!:cool:

Awesome Cruzin! Have a blast in March!

Eat Eat Eat.... more food.. Coastal Kitchen

3398e6400d1c776e08adef5f72ffce0a.jpg

a999b61cd2abdda9c53a9c303863c109.jpg

1c10eebb2d9fcb961b40f43e7a62f24a.jpg

32c82c47a99e9efa9f4191c334cf0752.jpg

French Onion Soup ( 4.25 out of 5 Forks, very good just lacking a few more onions in the broth)

e7f6afa73d8c0c2b62cfe21968532126.jpg

Oven Roasted Cod 4 out of 5 Forks(tender and moist)

63a777551f251a9e1cbb735f00a326d3.jpg

Overall a nice meal but service at 6 pm was slammed so book for 7-7:30 as it is emptying out now if you can.

I keep watching your shots of The Schooner, for Bill and Arlene, friends who are on my trivia team....The Schooner, since it hosts most of the trivia games is probably the most familiar spot for me on the Anthem....can't wait 'til 25 Feb....;):cool:

I keep watching your shots of The Schooner, for Bill and Arlene, friends who are on my trivia team....The Schooner, since it hosts most of the trivia games is probably the most familiar spot for me on the Anthem....can't wait 'til 25 Feb....;)[emoji41]

It is a great spot, on all Royal Ships. What an Iconic Space. It was packed for the Scavenger Hunt and Charades. Have a blast on the 25th!

We took the barrel room tour in Vintages today [emoji4]

fb5c5e1478dbc3fbe47403ab1a1ed3eb.jpg

A great place for some wine..

382c5091ab059fd95979a4b9a3ffdc2d.jpg

5f06ee9757845895b9b1b7e1af418867.jpg

HI Seadog,

Long time lurker (even before I joined) and loving your review! Will be on in two weeks and my husband is begging me to ask; when you have a moment can you please let me know the cost onboard for the Go Pro Hero 6 black and what if anything comes with it (ie accessories?) trying to determine if best to buy before or onboard! Thanks so much in advance and keep the photos and review coming - living vicariously through you!

Eat Eat Eat.... more food.. Coastal Kitchen

3398e6400d1c776e08adef5f72ffce0a.jpg

a999b61cd2abdda9c53a9c303863c109.jpg

1c10eebb2d9fcb961b40f43e7a62f24a.jpg

32c82c47a99e9efa9f4191c334cf0752.jpg

French Onion Soup ( 4.25 out of 5 Forks, very good just lacking a few more onions in the broth)

e7f6afa73d8c0c2b62cfe21968532126.jpg

Oven Roasted Cod 4 out of 5 Forks(tender and moist)

63a777551f251a9e1cbb735f00a326d3.jpg

Overall a nice meal but service at 6 pm was slammed so book for 7-7:30 as it is emptying out now if you can.

That butter is off the charts.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

HI Seadog,

Long time lurker (even before I joined) and loving your review! Will be on in two weeks and my husband is begging me to ask; when you have a moment can you please let me know the cost onboard for the Go Pro Hero 6 black and what if anything comes with it (ie accessories?) trying to determine if best to buy before or onboard! Thanks so much in advance and keep the photos and review coming - living vicariously through you!

I sure will. It may be the next couple of days before I can get there but will find out and post, check back and have a blast on your cruise.

Hello. Was there another line on bumper cars for suite or Sky/Star Class guests?

There's only one line, but Star Class passenger will have no wait, this will be handled by your Genie.

Are there any other tribute bands? None of these have our sailing date April 7 th and it is a 7 day cruise.

Just curious what type of entertainment there might be

Recently saw DSB, they'll be playing on your sailing, April 7.

There's plenty of Entertainment on board, there's the three Productions shows, The Gift, Spectra Cabaret and WWRY And then you have Headliners (in the Royal Theatre), Name That Tune, Quest, Karaoke, Tribute Band, Latin Band in Boleros, Red (nightclub experience in Two70), Silent Disco, House Band in Music Hall, Groovy Town (70's dance party), Anthem Rocks (Rock and Roll music in the Music Hall), just to name a few, enjoy!!!!!!

Curious about the same. don’t see any of these bands scheduled for our June 14th sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can write to "web_reservations@rccl.com" a few weeks before your cruise and ask for the Entertainment Line-up and Tribute Band for your sail date.

Recently saw DSB and they gave us a few of their sail dates on Anthem and currently they'll be playing on April 7, May 17 and June 14 sail dates, enjoy!

There's only one line, but Star Class passenger will have no wait, this will be handled by your Genie.

Recently saw DSB, they'll be playing on your sailing, April 7.

There's plenty of Entertainment on board, there's the three Productions shows, The Gift, Spectra Cabaret and WWRY And then you have Headliners (in the Royal Theatre), Name That Tune, Quest, Karaoke, Tribute Band, Latin Band in Boleros, Red (nightclub experience in Two70), Silent Disco, House Band in Music Hall, Groovy Town (70's dance party), Anthem Rocks (Rock and Roll music in the Music Hall), just to name a few, enjoy!!!!!!

You can write to "web_reservations@rccl.com" a few weeks before your cruise and ask for the Entertainment Line-up and Tribute Band for your sail date.

Recently saw DSB and they gave us a few of their sail dates on Anthem and currently they'll be playing on April 7, May 17 and June 14 sail dates, enjoy!

Great Info lifeisgood! Thanks for sharing the knowledge, and this is why CC is great!

A few snippets from Spectre’s Cabaret

http://

Had a great day and the show is great, definitely check it.

Tomorrow if the weather gods cooperate we are going to Disney, if it is raining we are bailing on it.

Good night cruise critics! Thanks for following along!