Cheers Program

cruzer_77

Is the cheers program worth it for a 3 day cruise? I just like the idea of not having to worry about money for drinks aboard the ship. I'm trying to figure out if it would be worth it and if we'll drink that much for the three days. We have one day were we are off the ship from 10am to 6pm.

Edited by cruzer_77

I am also curious about this for a 4 day or maybe just a lot some money and prepay for some bar funds? We have 3 people and thats about $700 bucks for 3 of us for 4 days.

No one thinks they'll drink $700 in 4 days until they get their Sail & Sign bill at the end for $800.

^Haha, yeah been there done that. They have an option to add funds to your S&S card for bar funds, I was wondering if it might work to maybe do this and a lot like $300 or so for the bar. I can imagine one good day of drinking and the next day feeling like %$#@ and not drinking as much! Lol.

Absolutely it's worth it. I love Cheers! I have two 4 day cruises coming up and I will get it for each. I love not having

to worry about what I spend. Also, the extras you get with it, coffee, milkshakes energy drinks, soda and more is so

worth it to me.

We had it on our recent cruise. I’d say I drank more than usual but it was nice not worrying. If you factor in a coffee or 2 and waters or soft drinks, it’s worth it. We also didn’t carry on wine, or order water from the fun shops. I hit the limit once, but was probably close most days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

^Haha, yeah been there done that. They have an option to add funds to your S&S card for bar funds, I was wondering if it might work to maybe do this and a lot like $300 or so for the bar. I can imagine one good day of drinking and the next day feeling like %$#@ and not drinking as much! Lol.

Can't have a hangover if you don't stop drinking LOL

No one thinks they'll drink $700 in 4 days until they get their Sail & Sign bill at the end for $800.

This is so true....we went on a cruise with 2 other couples....I got Cheers and so did one other couple. The couple that didnt was lecturing us about how its a waste of money, buy as you go, yada yada yada yada....The last morning we meet at breakfast before debarking....He is all out of sorts, so i asked him "Whats Up"....apparently they werent very good at checking their account the entire week and when he finally got the bill, they had a $2300 bar tab!!!! I couldnt resist, had to remind him "Hows Cheers working out for you now" :')

This is so true....we went on a cruise with 2 other couples....I got Cheers and so did one other couple. The couple that didnt lecturing us about how its a waste of money, buy as you go, yada yada yada....The last morning we meet at breakfast before debarking....He is all out of sorts, so i asked him "Whats Up"....apparently they werent very good at checking their account the entire week and when he finally got the bill, they had a $2300 bar tab!!!! I couldnt resist, had to remind him "Hows Cheers working out for you now" :')

This was our first cruise...didn't know any better (plus no Cheers at that time) and we had no kids...made decent money didn't really give a Sh*t about it, then got the $2200.00 bill....:o

Yay, another Cheers! thread! (Only half-sarcastic - I like to post about drinking...)

Most folks actually feel Cheers is not worth it on the longer cruises, because you get "tired" of drinking so much after the first few days. So this thread is kinda opposite of what I would expect.

If you don't like martinis, scotch, fine wines, or other higher-priced drinks, you may find yourself not wanting to have 6 or so fruity sweet drinks each day. But even if you have only 5, throw in a specialty coffee and/or a few powerades and maybe a milkshake, and you can break even easily. And remember, with Cheers is doesn't cost you any extra to order your drink with top-shelf liquor! (Note that drinks of the day specials are usually pre-mixed, so they won't upgrade those for you.)

Peace of mind is important for some folks too, as mentioned - it is pre-paid, so you don't nickel-and-dime yourself trying to order the cheapest possible booze.

Anyway, we did Cheers for a 3-day cruise, and it was completely worth it - we each drank probably $100 (maybe more) of booze each day, and it only cost us $50 each (per day) (last year's price, and not counting gratuities either way). But we might be considered "heavy drinkers", based on what I know other people usually drink. As mentioned before, a minimum we would drink for a sea day would be: Bloody Mary at breakfast, pool side drink before lunch. Drink with lunch. 3 drinks at least in afternoon. One martini type drink before dinner. Wine with dinner - three glasses typical. A couple martini/scotch drinks after dinner. Already at 12 drinks. Maybe a few drinks less for a port-day (skip the drink before and at lunch and one afternoon drink).

So we'll be doing Cheers for probably every cruise we take on Carnival.

For a 5 day cruise the Cheers program is $60/day/person (after taxes). For my wife and I that would be $120/day. We don't drink a lot of alcohol. Mostly coffee, water, and tea.

Can you just buy Cheers for one day, because two of the days we will be on excursions.

For a 5 day cruise the Cheers program is $60/day/person (after taxes). For my wife and I that would be $120/day. We don't drink a lot of alcohol. Mostly coffee, water, and tea.

Can you just buy Cheers for one day, because two of the days we will be on excursions.

Its all or nothing....They wont partially sell you Cheers for just a few days....I am doing a 5 day cruise and i just purchased Cheers. It worked out to $600 ($598.42 i think it was to be exact) with gratuity for the 2 of us so your math is spot on

Honestly, my biggest selling point on Cheers (though we do save money its not that) its my peace of mind....I am a worrier by nature and I would so be that person, counting drinks or checking prices and reviewing my TV every night, feeling bad to not finish a drink I paid for even if I don't like it, not willing to try a new drink that I may not like etc. etc etc...so for me personally I find that in and of itself totally makes it worth it.....

Its all or nothing....They wont partially sell you Cheers for just a few days....I am doing a 5 day cruise and i just purchased Cheers. It worked out to $600 ($598.42 i think it was to be exact) with gratuity for the 2 of us so your math is spot on

Being our first cruise we will experiment with not buying the Cheers package and buy a glass of wine or pint of beer here and there.

The fact that we will be on 2 excursions and evidently can't drink the 1st day going out of Texas doesn't make sense to us to buy the package.