Black card benifits and 2 week cruise

stoneman56

OK, we're booked on a 2 week cruise in December. There being much debate on the difference between B2B and 2 weekers has prompted me to ask...

Do we get 2 lots of Black card comp dinners/chocolate ships/gifts etc?

We have been on 3 week cruises with MSC and we have got only once our black card benefits. We have been on a B2B cruise and they are two cruises. In this case we have got twice our benefits.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

We have been on 3 week cruises with MSC and we have got only once our black card benefits. We have been on a B2B cruise and they are two cruises. In this case we have got twice our benefits.

Ivi

The benefits are per cruise so you get twice the benefits on a 2 x 1 week B2B as you do on a 2 week cruise.

Pete

PS

I know from experience

extract from one of my reviews

We were due to have one massage per person in the cabin per cruise, i.e. two each in total. However due do some administrative errors we actual received four each.

These errors also affected the benefits we received as a Black card holders.

The major error was that my wife was booked on two 14 night B2B cruises whilst I was booked on two 7 night cruises.

This became evident when I asked to have cruise cards that covered the entire 28 days instead of having two separate cruise cards for each 14 nights. I was stunned when reception told me my wife was booked on for 28 nights but I was only booked on for 14 nights. I was then asked if I had a ticket for the second 14 nights and having said yes was asked if I could produce it.

I duly fetched said ticket from my cabin and showed it to the reception manager. After a quick look at his computer and checking with sales at HQ he profusely apologised for the computer system error. As a result I received benefits for both the Aurea and Black card as if I had booked three B2B cruises and in the case of the massages as if I had booked four 7 night cruises B2B.

Still I’m not complaining about these MSC booking errors.

Your question should be directed at MSC who might be able to give you an answer!

Notice that I said " might"

Now that does make me laugh.

Do you think I would trust anything that the UK customer service agents told me as being gospel.

More looking for anecdotal experiences.

Edited by stoneman56

The benefits are per cruise so you get twice the benefits on a 2 x 1 week B2B as you do on a 2 week cruise.

Pete

PS

I know from experience

extract from one of my reviews

Thanks Pete. Our three weeks transatlantic is one cruise only. So just once black members benefit.

If I would book 1 week Lisbon to Barcelona and 1 week Barcelona to Rome. That will be 2 cruises. In this case twice the benefits. Correct?

Ivi

I booked two, one week cruises B2B on Seaside. On the first week I didn't get the prosecco or strawberries and the second week we didn't get the gifts. We did get a meal for two, chocolate ships, voyager pictures and invitations to the Black card event both times. I wasn't too concerned so never asked if it was an oversight.

Thanks Pete. Our three weeks transatlantic is one cruise only. So just once black members benefit.

If I would book 1 week Lisbon to Barcelona and 1 week Barcelona to Rome. That will be 2 cruises. In this case twice the benefits. Correct?

Ivi

Correct!! but it would have to be cheaper to book two cruises rather than one, or it would be a lot of cash to spend for benefits worth about $100 total.

I've just been doing the sums on our 31 night Divina repo; the 31 night duration is not being offered anymore, so it would have to be booked as a B2B of 11 + 20 nights. Assuming that we'd get 10% off the second leg (I don't know if that is still the case - we didn't get it off a B2B we did in 2016), it would actually work out at the very same price to book B2B. So, it seems that the B2B would be better value as the perks would be doubled (that's the Black Card perks plus the Aurea perks of a massage and a room diffuser). However, we would probably have to forfeit the €200 deposit for cancelling the 31 night and rebooking, plus we run the risk of having to change cabins after the 11 night Caribbean leg. Also, if the 10% discount isn't offered, then we're talking another €433 just to receive the double benefits which aren't worth anything near that amount. It pays to do the maths on these things.