Pvp

coevan

I have never had a PVP, I either call Carnival or book with an on line booking agent for the extra perks. I called Carnival today and asked for a PVP. The rep said she has to submit an email and will hear from CCL in 48 hours. The rep says I can book for you. I told her we would like to cruise in March on any of 4 ships, balcony, B2B and same cabin. I said this could take quite a while, can you call me back? She said only PVP's can call you back. My question is, why the dog and pony show?

I have never had a PVP, I either call Carnival or book with an on line booking agent for the extra perks. I called Carnival today and asked for a PVP. The rep said she has to submit an email and will hear from CCL in 48 hours. The rep says I can book for you. I told her we would like to cruise in March on any of 4 ships, balcony, B2B and same cabin. I said this could take quite a while, can you call me back? She said only PVP's can call you back. My question is, why the dog and pony show?

Why don’t you call your local travel agencies and talk to an agent? They will be available to you after hours should you have issues or need help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe that if you call the CCL number for PVP's (800-819-3902), just stay on the line after the extension prompt and state you do not have an assigned PVP when someone answers, they can then connect you to one that is available.

I booked three cruises directly on the Carnvial website. On the first one a PVP had called me but I din't know what it was all about. Those cruises were all booked within 6 weeks of sail date. This time, I decided to look for a PVP. I googled elite PVP, used CC and other social media and just picked one who seemed to have a strong reputation. I think you CAN do things without a PVP and be just fine. I like giving the commission to someone AND knowing they can help if something comes up given that we have a wait this time.

A PVP can come in handy at times but I agree most things can be done by yourself. In the past I have used a PVP to linked our rooms and booking numbers, link multiple dinning reservations ahead of time so we didn't have to contact the Matrie D on the first night, call us when new sailings open up, etc....

Why don’t you call your local travel agencies and talk to an agent? They will be available to you after hours should you have issues or need help.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are still travel agents? I'm going back to CCL as my last cruise I booked on line with a cruise company. We had to cancel this cruise and it was a real P.I.A.

You need a PVP for that , book it on line yourself or a TA.

Love our PVP. He is quick to call me back or email. He is on top of things, knows about each ship & port we've sailed. He also booked my son's summer college reunion trip too. He can suggest cabins, find one's that don't show available on the website, etc. I never get the run around with him.

I got the same run-around from the general number. They told me that my request for a PVP had been submitted and I'd hear 'soon'. That became weeks. I called back- my main motivation was the dates for the cruise we wanted to book were not available yet and I wanted a PVP to keep an eye out for me.

Fast forward to Dec 1- I got an email from my new PVP, she's been with Carnival 13 years and really is on top of everything. She told me my itinerary would likely be available by Christmas and she'd call me as soon as it was published. Sure enough, Dec 20 she called me to say my cruise was available and then she helped me book it.

I've had occasion to email her 4 or 5 times since we booked, and she responds within hours, unless it's her day off! Now she's checking daily for FTTF for our cruise, so we can book it as soon as it's available. A real comfort to know I've got someone else working to help me with our cruise.

She's been worth the wait, so incredibly helpful. So Coevan- I hope you get a good one. They're great when they know what they're doing.