Checking in separately

I don't see a problem but also not a great benefit unless you are looking to board separately. if you board separately then you lose some of the fun of boarding together including having your picture taken. Plus if there are delays, you will be left wandering what's happened.

My wife and I go in separately. Not check in, but through security. I drop her and the luggage and go to park the car. She goes in and finds a place inside to wait comfortably. I meet her inside and we go to check in. We do print 2 SetSail passes and never a problem. Don't think it will be if you go all the way through check in either if you each have a SetSail pass.

You may have a problem taking the kids through security without dad Physically being there not from RCI but customs and port authority

Ahh right. I have travelled with them before an had the letter and was never asked so forgot if it does not work not the end of the world at all. Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You may have a problem taking the kids through security without dad Physically being there not from RCI but customs and port authority

Will that be an issue? I thought check in is where they review documents and such regarding kids. Security is just to make sure you belong there.

Just print separate set-sail passes to be safe.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Forums mobile app

The Ovation is one of the Quantum class that have the RFID chips and stuff on their set and sail passes. You can check in at the door, but they want EVERYONE to have a set sail pass. If everyone does not, they (at least on the Anthem) directed us to a station to print out the additional passes for people who don't have one.

Check in is especially easy. They meet you at the door, scan all your passes, verify your passports, verify credit card (if you use one for account) and then you can go through security and board the ship. The anthem was super easy considering the size of that ship.

With this enhanced system, its pretty easy to check in separately if you need to, or wait for someone to park the car and check in together.