Princess honouring price drops after final payment if you call them???

Piperpals

On 2/9/2018 at 11:38 AM, finucane said:

PS: Non-USA (UK, Canada, etc.) bookings may have different rules but I doubt that., have never heard of that happening...

That's not correct.  Booking/cancellation rules are identical for US and Canada.  Rules are different for those booking outside North America.

14 hours ago, tangled_knots said:

I'm brand new to the site and have never been on a cruise.  I've been looking at the Coral Princess northbound Alaska cruise but I'm frustrated by all the choices.  My husband and I were just saying how we wish we could just turn it all over to a TA.  Then I read your post.  

I do recommend a Cruise TA. They will definitely help you narrow your choices and give you better pricing. The Coral Princess is a great ship.

Edited by Coral

• 4 weeks later...

I just called for the now lower rate our Princess March 2019 booking, she claimed to not find the full amount lower rate although I did. Never had this issue before. Logged into my Princess account or not, either way, same new price she ‘couldnt’ find. After she griped that I didn’t have my itinerary number - I should’ve hung up then because she was clearly annoyed. Two other Princess cruises in the last 7 months, never had this issue when the price dropped. I have already paid the entire booking well before the upcoming due date also. I’m angry about this, how on earth could she not see it on her computer! I have screenshots. Just venting....

41 minutes ago, cruisetakemeaway said:

I just called for the now lower rate our Princess March 2019 booking, she claimed to not find the full amount lower rate although I did. Never had this issue before. Logged into my Princess account or not, either way, same new price she ‘couldnt’ find. After she griped that I didn’t have my itinerary number - I should’ve hung up then because she was clearly annoyed. Two other Princess cruises in the last 7 months, never had this issue when the price dropped. I have already paid the entire booking well before the upcoming due date also. I’m angry about this, how on earth could she not see it on her computer! I have screenshots. Just venting....

CALL BACK.and talk to someone else. copy, paste new price details and send fax or email to them.

My TA just refared my upcoming cruise for a large price drop AFTER final payment.

I had already benefited from a $1380 CA price drop before final payment on our Feb. cruise but on Christmas eve day I noticed another  large price drop , $1300 CA.   

As it was after final payment  date I didn't hold out much hope in Princess honouring that.  I though what the heck

can't hurt to try so gave my TA a call and she put in a request, saying nothing would be answered until Dec. 27 after 

the holiday.  TA mentioned it was a long shot . She checked with them on the 27th and yes they honoured the price drop , same cabin no problems !  She said sometimes its just who you end up with on the other end, I guess we got lucky on that one.

I was told it could take up to 2 weeks for refund to show up on credit card.....it was in my account by the end of the day.  

A very nice late Christmas present .

Edited by rivers2ocean
  • Like 2