Alcohol Beverages

Bojangles

:halo::oI was wondering if you can bring alcohol in your luggage for your room or is this a no no. We are traveling with our children and spouses who are all over 50. Although they will buy drinks when in the dining areas and bars, I know they would like a drink when in there stateroom. Does anyone do this.

Does anyone do this? I'd say just about everyone does this.

Okay, not all adults drink alcohol! But for those who do, it's quite common to bring your own liquor on board for consumption in your room.

If you have wine, you can pay a corkage fee and bring it to your table.

Mura

:halo::oI was wondering if you can bring alcohol in your luggage for your room or is this a no no. We are traveling with our children and spouses who are all over 50. Although they will buy drinks when in the dining areas and bars, I know they would like a drink when in there stateroom. Does anyone do this.

Does anybody NOT do it on Oceania?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[emoji485][emoji106]

Flatbush, I am sure there are many who do NOT. But I'm assuming you were tongue-in-cheek.

For people who don't want the liquor package OR who don't want to import their own tipples, they won't ...

Mura

Flatbush, I am sure there are many who do NOT. But I'm assuming you were tongue-in-cheek.

For people who don't want the liquor package OR who don't want to import their own tipples, they won't ...

Mura

Yes "tongue in cheek." But, a lot of folks do bring wine and/or booze including us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As do we. Although from reading your posts I'm sure you bring on more than we do. You are more serious "wine-o-philes" than we are.

When we're in a top suite that gives us the six bottles of alcohol, we really don't drink enough to need more, although sometimes even in that case we will bring on a bottle or two depending on the length of the cruise. If we're in a lower suite, we're more likely to bring some along.

These days we usually have significant OBC that it doesn't pain us to buy a bottle of wine from the list in a restaurant ...

We'll be on two 7 day cruises in May on Riviera in an OC. The provided liquor in the suite will be more than enough for us! (Even though even I feel that the available wines are not wonderful ... but they are adequate for us.)

Mura

As do we. Although from reading your posts I'm sure you bring on more than we do. You are more serious "wine-o-philes" than we are.

When we're in a top suite that gives us the six bottles of alcohol, we really don't drink enough to need more, although sometimes even in that case we will bring on a bottle or two depending on the length of the cruise. If we're in a lower suite, we're more likely to bring some along.

These days we usually have significant OBC that it doesn't pain us to buy a bottle of wine from the list in a restaurant ...

We'll be on two 7 day cruises in May on Riviera in an OC. The provided liquor in the suite will be more than enough for us! (Even though even I feel that the available wines are not wonderful ... but they are adequate for us.)

Mura

Not so much a wine nut as wanting to bring some of our own stash on an SF embarkation and doing the research into whatever unusual we can get at a local port where wine may be king.

Okay thank you for the info. My Husband and I buy bottles of wine from the Dining room and they will transfer it where ever we dine the next night no problem. We do not have drinks in the room. My children on the other hand are younger and will probably drink more. The packages are to expensive for them, so I think they will probably have a bottle in their rooms. Since we have never done this I was just wondering. We never even drink the bottle they give us in the room.

The packages are to expensive for them, so I think they will probably have a bottle in their rooms. Since we have never done this I was just wondering

Oceania is very lenient about bringing liquor/beer/wine onboard, but only for stateroom consumption.

Please don't bring any "imported" hard stuff into the public rooms or onto outside decks.

Edited by JimandStan

Some of us ARE real, Dan. We don't drink that much ... my husband has an occasional glass of wine. I'm more likely to have a vodka on the rocks and some wine with dinner, but no where near $60/day.

I don't deny that for many passengers, the $60/day IS a steal. Just not for us.

Some of us ARE real, Dan. We don't drink that much ... my husband has an occasional glass of wine. I'm more likely to have a vodka on the rocks and some wine with dinner, but no where near $60/day.

I don't deny that for many passengers, the $60/day IS a steal. Just not for us.

I have moderate drinks a blooddy mary $21 couble grey gooose,( because their pours are short and a double is equal to a average pour in the US ) on the pool deck a martini before dinner 22 and maybe 1 or 2 glasses of wine at 15-20 @depending on the course ( fish meat) and an after dinner port. 26 thata with tip about 110. My next cruise I will stick to a glass of wine at dinner...depending on the cuisine.

I have developed a taste mineral water so put me in the$25 a day bracket

What is the best way to pack Alcohol in your suitcase

There are plastic "containers/wraps' called "Wine Skins" that sell for $5 for 2....,we have been using them for wine bottles several years with no problems. If you have "total wine" stores around you, they carry them

I've written this message twice already. Maybe three times will be the charm.

Wine skins are good, not that I've used them. Magellans dot com sells "inflatable bottle pouches" at $10 each. The ones I have are NOT inflatable -- they are very solid plastic which will hold a wine or liquor bottle. I've never had one break. At Amazon you can find wine flask kits that are cheaper -- you get a set for just under $10. The drawback I have with these (although they've worked for me) are that you are pouring your wine or liquor into the flasks, and I question the effect of the plastic on the product.

There are also carry-on cases that are available online if you want to bring in a number of bottles safely. But these are separate from your main luggage.

Mura

Mura

If I am reading your "narrative' correctly, Wine Skins are definitely cheaper ,and believe me ,very reliable. We have used them on many flights and NEVER any problems....and of course there is no "transfer" of liquids

I will be using a wine case,holding 12 bottles,for our next Oceania cruise ,however,since I can bring a case on board !!

What is the best way to pack Alcohol in your suitcase

Even if we're flying bizclass with a 70 lb checked bag limit, we'll seldom pack wine (though we do have plastic bubble and/or styrofoam sleeves acquired from all over). Instead, we pack collapsible 3 or 6 bottle sturdy cardboard carriers with handles from our stash acquired at winery visits in our area.

With a bit of research, we can usually find a good source for wine at the embarkation port (or bring wine from our home cellar when we cruise out of SF) Then, we either pick up wine on our private transfer/tour from the airport or to the ship. One carrier (3 or 6 pack) fits perfectly atop each our small TravelPro (bungee to telescoped handle) and we carry them aboard with us. Onboard, the boxes serve as a wine rack (replenished from ports along the way) and we toss them at the end of the cruise.

Doc, I was mentioning the two that I have used. I didn't mean to cast doubt upon wine skins at all, if that is what I did! I just wanted to add that there are other options out there. For what we have used, I prefer the Magellan "inflatables" ... although as I indicated the ones I have from Magellan are already inflated. So it's possible I'm using an older version from Magellan.

The Amazon-type worked well, I just have those questions about the effect plastic has on the liquid inside. Not that I noticed a problem over a period of about 2 weeks. For the record, I used them for vodka, not fine wine!

Mura

I have moderate drinks a blooddy mary $21 couble grey gooose,( because their pours are short and a double is equal to a average pour in the US ) on the pool deck a martini before dinner 22 and maybe 1 or 2 glasses of wine at 15-20 @depending on the course ( fish meat) and an after dinner port. 26 thata with tip about 110. My next cruise I will stick to a glass of wine at dinner...depending on the cuisine.

I have developed a taste mineral water so put me in the$25 a day bracket

What did you have before typing this post?

I have used RumRunners to bring liquor on to HAL ships without a problem.They hold a litre.We will buy the drink package for drinks around the ship so we can get a double. I hear they charge $8-10 for small shot. We usually have a few in our cabin before dinner.