Norovirus Outbreak on the Quest

mp8shnt

Everyone please don;t worry. If I get sick I know what to do. Please re-read my post again. I did not say when I cruise I take those meds with me I said when I travel.................meaning land vacations as well. When I was in Africa they came in very handy. Not for me but I gave them to a nun at a school to give to a little boy who had an ear infection and no medicine at an orphanage. Have prayed always he wasn;t allergic. I also take aspirin, cortisone cream and other such things. I appreciate all the good advice but I promise should I get sick I will do the right thing. I wash my hands even at home probably 30 times a day and it is no different on any trip I take. I believe as has been pointed out that is the best way to stay healthy.

Kathy

Kathy, I believe from previous posts you may be visiting the U.A.E. on your cruise, please be aware that the Emirates have very stringent laws on what drugs you are allowed to carry into the country. Some very common drugs that are available over the counter such as Tylenol are banned. The list is extensive but this link may help

http://www.mohap.gov.ae/en/AwarenessCenter/Pages/UnauthorizedMedicines.aspx#k=

I would suggest some caution as I’m sure an extended stay in the Emirates would be unwelcome.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kathy, I believe from previous posts you may be visiting the U.A.E. on your cruise, please be aware that the Emirates have very stringent laws on what drugs you are allowed to carry into the country. Some very common drugs that are available over the counter such as Tylenol are banned. The list is extensive but this link may help

I would suggest some caution as I’m sure an extended stay in the Emirates would be unwelcome.

Thank you and I will look this up when I get back from church but I do have another question now. I am a diabetic and carry two different syringes with medicine in them and all my test strips, needles etc. Is there anything special I need to do for that over there? Not sure a drs note from an American dr would mean much to them?

Thanks again

Kathy

Thank you and I will look this up when I get back from church but I do have another question now. I am a diabetic and carry two different syringes with medicine in them and all my test strips, needles etc. Is there anything special I need to do for that over there? Not sure a drs note from an American dr would mean much to them?

Thanks again

Kathy

From memory if you have any prescription drugs that are on the list then you need a copy of the prescription authorised by a public notary, this was the U.K. advice, the system for the U.S. may be different.

A very good point, they screen luggage at the airport and as Rabin is arriving by air it is a risk not to take. The hassle to get documentation for an Epipien still sticks in my mind. Leave it all at home Rabin, much much easier

A very good point, they screen luggage at the airport and as Rabin is arriving by air it is a risk not to take. The hassle to get documentation for an Epipien still sticks in my mind. Leave it all at home Rabin, much much easier

I can't leave my diabetes syringes and meds home. Did you see that post? Do you know the answer to that one? You always have such good advice. My name is Kathy..............lo. Rabin was a doggie.....lol

Thanks for any help

Kathy

I can't leave my diabetes syringes and meds home. Did you see that post? Do you know the answer to that one? You always have such good advice. My name is Kathy..............lo. Rabin was a doggie.....lol

Thanks for any help

Kathy

You need to get a certificate signed by your doctor detailing the number of syringes you are carrying and the reason why. We were also advised to carry a separate copy of a prescription issued by the doctor for each piece of medication we were carrying

On Quest now, boarding was delayed, but only until noon! No notification that there is currently Noro. Still no salt/pepper on the tables, havent been to the buffet but it wasnt self serve the first day.

We boarded Quest on Jan. 15 -- before this noro incident -- and we were informed that Azamara believes in preventing outbreaks pro-actively and so implements restrictions automatically at the beginning of every cruise until the doctor gives the all clear (24-48 hours).

We boarded Quest on Jan. 15 -- before this noro incident -- and we were informed that Azamara believes in preventing outbreaks pro-actively and so implements restrictions automatically at the beginning of every cruise until the doctor gives the all clear (24-48 hours).

We have now been on the Quest for more than 72 hours, still no self serve.

No suggestions of any issues, if they are just being hyper cautious, I am fine with that.

John

I was on the Quest during this 'outbreak'. I met two women who were kept in their cabins. One had a stomach ache, the other threw up once. But they self reported. They were both kept in their cabins only a half day. They were called to make sure they were there. I ate dinner with both of them the next day. I wonder if they were included in the count? No salt and pepper shakers or sweetners on the table. I've been on a ship before where the library was closed - and no menu covers. That did not happen on this cruise. Although the closets where games were kept, were taped shut! It was a GREAT cruise. I just wash and wash, and don't touch anything I don't have to. What bothered me the most - all the 'dry coughing' going on! Got up and moved away from the coughers more than once.

I’m sure I was one of the ones you moved away from as I saw someone do it. I have asthma that will occasionally give me a cough that only lasts a minute or two. In no way am I contagious. I know as a lot of people age they have a reason for a tickle in the throat. I admit I may have been bothered about it at one time but now I have a lot more compassion. We all have our crosses to bear and I’m glad mine isn’t worse. I emphasize with anyone who has a dry cough and would never get up and move. Remember...someday it could be you.

I’m sure I was one of the ones you moved away from as I saw someone do it. I have asthma that will occasionally give me a cough that only lasts a minute or two. In no way am I contagious. I know as a lot of people age they have a reason for a tickle in the throat. I admit I may have been bothered about it at one time but now I have a lot more compassion. We all have our crosses to bear and I’m glad mine isn’t worse. I emphasize with anyone who has a dry cough and would never get up and move. Remember...someday it could be you.

Please don't take it the wrong way. Cruise ships [and airplanes, and bus tours] are even more frequently hotbeds of respiratory infections than they are for noro, and as I age, I am more susceptible to catching air-borne viruses. I would get up too -- not to slight you, but to protect myself.