Equinox - quick questions

michelle028

Hi Everyone,

I'm a first timer on Celebrity going on the Equinox. ( I have been on RCI, Princess, NCL and Carnival)

Totally random questions:

1) How often do they have comedy shows on board for a 7 day sailing?

2) During Spring Break in March - is there more of a younger crowd on board (20-30somethings)?

3) Do they have special lunches/brunches on Sea Days in the MDR?

4) Also because I'm a past passenger with RCI I know that they are part of the same company, is there any perks onboard?

Any other tips/advice/info would be appreciated! So excited to try a new cruise line!! Thanks for your help!

I sailed celebrity equinox for the first time last July and had a great time. It was my first time on a celebrity. I too have sampled various cruise lines. I want to say there was at least one comedy show when we went. It’s not something that stands out so I’d want to say it wasn’t great. I think royal, carnival and NCL have good comedians.

I went in July but there was a wide range of age groups. I anticipated an older crowd but the demographic seemed to be like any other cruise line I was on but it was summer time. So I would say being spring break there will be other 20-30 somethings.

They won’t give you any special perks since you’ve sailed royal. I asked when I was on the ship if they would add my days to crown and anchor and they said no they are completely separate. I do believe they status match though. Someone might be able to answer this for you.

I truly enjoyed the equinox. I took my mom on that cruise with me and she said it was her favorite cruise ever. Not sure who is accompanying you but for me the equinox was a great ship to get away with my mom. I liked it enough to book another celebrity with my hubby for next year.

I don’t know that I would take my kids on one because my kids are used to royal, NCL, and carnival for all the attractions the mega ships offer.

Oh the one thing I loved that was a winner for me was their coffee bar. They’ll make Carmel macchiatos (I love Starbucks so it was a nice substitute). At night after dinner I went to the coffee bar and got coffee with liquors in to go cups so I could enjoy them during a show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

MDR is open for lunch on sea days, but I would call it a standard luncheon rather than a special luncheon.

Loyalty Reciprocity:

Gold = Classic

Platinum or Emerald = Select

Diamond or higher = Elite

However, if you have not already done so, you will need to open an account in Celebrity's Captain's Club, have it included in your reservation and have it linked to your RCI Crown & Anchor number in order to get the reciprocity.

If you have any status at all with RCLs Crown and Anchor, you will get reciprocal status with Celebrity Captain's Club.

However, you must call the Captain's Club before boarding with your Crown and Anchor number so they can match for you.

Captain's Club number is 1-800-760-0654.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was on the sister ship of the equinox last march, (silhouette, I think) and am going on the equinox March 3rd. Went the same week last year. There were not a ton of spring breakers. Some, but not many. I think they tend to do the Carnival thing. We did the late dining and every show we went to afterwards had tons of room.

If you have any status at all with RCLs Crown and Anchor, you will get reciprocal status with Celebrity Captain's Club.

However, you must call the Captain's Club before boarding with your Crown and Anchor number so they can match for you.

Captain's Club number is 1-800-760-0654.

Enjoy your cruise!

Very good info! Thx so much!

I was on the sister ship of the equinox last march, (silhouette, I think) and am going on the equinox March 3rd. Went the same week last year. There were not a ton of spring breakers. Some, but not many. I think they tend to do the Carnival thing. We did the late dining and every show we went to afterwards had tons of room.

What types of shows do you get on the Equinox? Do you have to make reservations?

How often are the comedy shows?

What types of shows do you get on the Equinox? Do you have to make reservations?

How often are the comedy shows?

I believe there were 2 comedians so 2 nights of that.

No reservations were needed

There was a Beatles tribute, Broadway tribute, Motown. There was karaoke, some game show... dating game I think.

If you go during actual Spring Break times, yes there will be more 20-30 somethings than usual, but the age of the cruisers will still tend towards older than that (but not as old as on non-Spring Break or 14+ night cruises where sometimes we have estimated the average ages to be 65-75 or higher). On short Celebrity cruises (do they still have those during Spring Break?) the ages could skew considerably younger.

The shows on Celebrity are frankly not as impressive IMHO as those on Royal. At the same time, on occasion the guest performers have been excellent. On a 7 night cruise there will likely be a comedian performing one or two of the nights. There are no 'comedy shows' per se, unless you meant stand up comedians. There will be a couple of production shows which range from awful to pretty good (on Equinox last October they were all pretty good). Guest performers really vary - could be anything from a violinist to a singer to a piano player, etc.. There are very often magicians - sometimes comedian magicians. There are also often jugglers - again sometimes comedian jugglers.