Can you stack OBC from future cruise certificate AND a promo?

Epicureangirl

I know there are plenty of OBC threads, and future cruise certificate threads but I couldn't find my answer so am posting now. Apologies if this has been covered and I missed it.

I bought a Future Cruise Certificate and just got off the cruise I purchased it on, a couple of weeks ago. From what I understand, the FCC would entitle me to $25 pp in OBC for the cruise I am now looking at (7 Day Bermuda). If I book now, there is supposed to be some offer that doubles my OBC to $50 pp.

When I am going through the reservation on the HAL site (I hear you sighing), I am already seeing an OBC of $50 pp. I believe it is part of the View & Verandah promotion, despite having selected an interior stateroom.

So, can I book with the V&V promotion, get $50 OBC pp AND an additional $25 pp because I purchased the FCC? Or because I am booking immediately after my last cruise, do I get $50 pp from HAL (the double-credit for an early booking) AND $50 OBC pp from the V&V promotion?

My thought was the additional $25 for booking quickly after your cruise with your FCC would be a type of rate code, and I wouldn't be able to use two rate codes.

Are you with me, or completely lost? Sorry If I described this poorly! :rolleyes:

I know there are plenty of OBC threads, and future cruise certificate threads but I couldn't find my answer so am posting now. Apologies if this has been covered and I missed it.

I bought a Future Cruise Certificate and just got off the cruise I purchased it on, a couple of weeks ago. From what I understand, the FCC would entitle me to $25 pp in OBC for the cruise I am now looking at (7 Day Bermuda). If I book now, there is supposed to be some offer that doubles my OBC to $50 pp.

When I am going through the reservation on the HAL site (I hear you sighing), I am already seeing an OBC of $50 pp. I believe it is part of the View & Verandah promotion, despite having selected an interior stateroom.

So, can I book with the V&V promotion, get $50 OBC pp AND an additional $25 pp because I purchased the FCC? Or because I am booking immediately after my last cruise, do I get $50 pp from HAL (the double-credit for an early booking) AND $50 OBC pp from the V&V promotion?

My thought was the additional $25 for booking quickly after your cruise with your FCC would be a type of rate code, and I wouldn't be able to use two rate codes.

Are you with me, or completely lost? Sorry If I described this poorly! :rolleyes:

I think I follow you :). I just want to make sure - if I understand you correctly:.....

You have an FCD - plan to book within the 60 days to double it's OBC and there is OBC offered on your sailing.

You are wondering if you can have both OBC's.

Absolutely :)

I've never had a problem getting OBC's offered on a sailing combined with my FCD and early booking bonus FCD OBC :)

The agent I talked to was having trouble doing it, put me on hold and then I guess talked to a colleague who gave her a different code (allowing her to double-up the promotions). I ended up with $100 pp OBC for just a 7 day cruise. So excited to try out the Veendam to Bermuda.

Thanks for your help everyone.

When you booked your cruise while cruising, if you had your FCC already purchased you could have used it on that cruise. I don’t think you can use it on a cruise you already booked. I think it has to be used at the time of booking. You have 4 years to use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked the View and Veranda and got the OBC from V&V and the OBC from the FCC. I didn’t get the OBC from the ZPM because I am more than 60 days out from my last cruise but you should get that.

Now, do I need another thread, or does anyone know, now that I have the V&V Promo with OBC (keeping in mind I didn't actually choose an outside cabin or verandah at all, due to being in a lit, noisy port for 3 nights), and getting the OBC from HAL for the FCC and ZPM, is there any point in trying to move my reservation to an agency?

If there is still a stateroom in my room category available, which of these offers would no longer apply?

Or do I just give the competing agencies my booking number and let them sort out what they can do for me compared to what I already have?

Do I actually have to give up my stateroom when switching from HAL to a PCC?

Thanks.

Now, do I need another thread, or does anyone know, now that I have the V&V Promo with OBC (keeping in mind I didn't actually choose an outside cabin or verandah at all, due to being in a lit, noisy port for 3 nights), and getting the OBC from HAL for the FCC and ZPM, is there any point in trying to move my reservation to an agency?

If there is still a stateroom in my room category available, which of these offers would no longer apply?

Or do I just give the competing agencies my booking number and let them sort out what they can do for me compared to what I already have?

Do I actually have to give up my stateroom when switching from HAL to a PCC?

Thanks.

When you transfer a booking from HAL to a TA, you keep all of the HAL promos and your booking remains as is including the cabin you booked.

Just tell the competing agencies the cruise you have booked with HAL, details (not your booking number) and cost and ask what they can do for you.

Once you have decided which company you want it transferred to, you can give them your booking #. They will need you to contact HAL to instruct HAL to transfer it to them.

If you are transferring from a general HAL booking to your PCC, it is the same. You keep the reservation you have, the benefits and the stateroom you chose.

Your booking number for your cruise remains the same no matter who the booking ends up with.

Kazu, when you say "details", do I tell them just the cruise, cabin category & price? Or do I also divulge the OBC given or promo codes I used with HAL (or is that just my business)?

Thanks. As always you are so helpful!

You can do either. Tell them you have the V & V pricing and some FCD credits.

It usually doesn't affect a TA's ability to give OBC or discounts, but doesn't hurt in case it does.

I didn't when I went asking and then if I opted I would confirm that everything would be brought over.