Ocean Balcony on the Harmony

mrssixty

Good Morning! This is my first cruise on a larger ship:) We are booked on the Harmony for June 2018. Booked cabins, Ocean Balcony 10282, 10284 and 10286. I just noticed that Dazzles is right below us on deck 9. Will this be a noise problem? On my past cruises we always had a deck with cabins above and below ours. Just a little nervous about noise in the evenings. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Edited by mrssixty

While I have not stayed in those cabins, I have made the mistake of being below a public space and it was awful. It was an aft suite on Celebrity Reflection (loved the trip, hated the noise) so I would think the same would apply to being above one. If you can change and the price is right, I would do it. Best of luck. Harmony is a lot of fun.

Good Morning! This is my first cruise on a larger ship:) We are booked on the Harmony for June 2018. Booked cabins, Ocean Balcony 10282, 10284 and 10286. I just noticed that Dazzles is right below us on deck 9. Will this be a noise problem? On my past cruises we always had a deck with cabins above and below ours. Just a little nervous about noise in the evenings. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Dazzles is not below you. Cabins are below and above you. I don't think you will have any issue. Dazzles does not extend into cabin space.

Oh, thank you so much. I did look at the deck plan again, and I see there is "white" empty space on deck 9 and dazzles is across from it. I feel so much better.

It is funny, I call Royal Caribbean and asked about the location and they said "yes, dazzles is below your cabin". I'm super excited --- but quite nervous about the size of the ship. LOL

Thank you in advance for any tips or other ideas:)

... It is funny, I call Royal Caribbean and asked about the location and they said "yes, dazzles is below your cabin". ...

Just so you know, it is not uncommon to get inaccurate info from RC customer service reps. It's as if they are trained never to say "I don't know", they seem to make up answers from time to time.

We have stayed on deck 14 for our last 5 cruises on Oasis and Allure and have never experienced any 'problems.' We have occasionally heard a chair above but otherwise have had no issues. We go to be 11:00'ish and wake early and are so tired that we sleep peacefully....and I'm a very light sleeper.

Just so you know, it is not uncommon to get inaccurate info from RC customer service reps. It's as if they are trained never to say "I don't know", they seem to make up answers from time to time.

Or they read from their manual .

Many years ago I managed a large very pleasant hawaiian tour provider (;)) and at least 95% of my reps had never been (luckily I had lived there previously for a year) ... so give these CSR's a break their just trying to do their job :D

We stayed in 10212 and had no noise issues whatsoever - the white space is likely storage or crew areas. Loved every minute of it! Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. That is so good to know. I'm super excited but also a little nervous:)

Or they read from their manual .

Many years ago I managed a large very pleasant hawaiian tour provider (;)) and at least 95% of my reps had never been (luckily I had lived there previously for a year) ... so give these CSR's a break their just trying to do their job :D

Not intending to fault the reps, but I do fault their training.