Change in Vendor for Onboard Shops

stickey_mouse

The most tasteful items I have seen on a cruise ship recently were on the Koningsdam and they were part of the Oprah collection. Looks like some of you are going to miss out Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now you've opened a can of worms! Expect to get lots of nasty replies.:D

The most tasteful items I have seen on a cruise ship recently were on the Koningsdam and they were part of the Oprah collection. Looks like some of you are going to miss out Too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad you found some lovely things in the Oprah store. The things were very nice, but the cost of advertising for her was more than I was willing to pay. I found similar items at land-based stores and didn't have to pay to advertise for a company in which I do not believe and will not support.

I can't remember which ship I was on - it had a Tommy Bahama shop - I bought four (not inexpensive) items! I would love a collection of unique clothing, gifts, accessories & jewelry vs touristy souvenir clothing & trinkets and cosmetic jewelry, watches and over-the-top jewelry. And how about a great rotation of product over the course of a cruise (especially longer cruises). My husband may not agree, but I would love to shop so much I have to buy another suitcase!

I can't remember which ship I was on - it had a Tommy Bahama shop - I bought four (not inexpensive) items! I would love a collection of unique clothing, gifts, accessories & jewelry vs touristy souvenir clothing & trinkets and cosmetic jewelry, watches and over-the-top jewelry. And how about a great rotation of product over the course of a cruise (especially longer cruises). My husband may not agree, but I would love to shop so much I have to buy another suitcase!

See I would prefer more ship specific and itinerary specific items in the ship shops. Why buy things I can get on land for equal or cheaper? I love my cruise ship t-shirts and wear them often. When we are going somewhere as a family, we will often all wear cruise ship t-shirts from a particular ship or itinerary. It just helps us feel and look like a group. And I love the memories that come from the t-shirts. I have one from each of my cruises. But I really wish they would bring back the itinerary specific designs they used to have rather than just the ship name ones.

See I would prefer more ship specific and itinerary specific items in the ship shops. Why buy things I can get on land for equal or cheaper? I love my cruise ship t-shirts and wear them often. When we are going somewhere as a family, we will often all wear cruise ship t-shirts from a particular ship or itinerary. It just helps us feel and look like a group. And I love the memories that come from the t-shirts. I have one from each of my cruises. But I really wish they would bring back the itinerary specific designs they used to have rather than just the ship name ones.

I've asked myself that in just about every cruise ship shop I've been in. K'dam had some very nice Chicos items, but there are Chicos stores near me, including an outlet, so I'm used to paying less than top dollar for their clothes.

HAL does still sell itinerary specific t-shirts, but at the poolside sale tables. They tend to run very small. I got nice Panama Canal shirts for us on Zuiderdam, but didn't like the itinerary shirts on K'dam, so no shirts this trip.

Ohh. The penny just dropped. Maybe the reason there was no O merchandise on our sailings was because they weren't O-themed cruises.

My cruise wasn't an O-themed cruise either, but there was an O-shop, in the space that used to be the bottle shop on the Zuiderdam.