North Cape Tours in Fiords?

She responded to my note and said I can give out the email -- northcapesightseeing@gmail.com. Those who already paid with KO Sand will be fine, she is taking over the reservations.

Just received an email from the booking agency (Finnmark, the company behind nordkapp.no). Ko Sand is bankrupt. If you cancel the prepaid excursion now, you will receive 100% refund from Finnmark. After april 17th the prepaid money might be part of the liquidation process of Ko Sand and you risk losing the money. You can rebook with other companies on their website. Monika’s tour is not yet bookable on the Finnmark website. Monika is working on that.

Just received an email from the booking agency (Finnmark, the company behind nordkapp.no). Ko Sand is bankrupt. If you cancel the prepaid excursion now, you will receive 100% refund from Finnmark. After april 17th the prepaid money might be part of the liquidation process of Ko Sand and you risk losing the money. You can rebook with other companies on their website. Monika’s tour is not yet bookable on the Finnmark website. Monika is working on that.

You can book direct with Monika via her email address and pay the day of the tour.

For those who have booked the tour previously with KO Sands for the North Cape Sightseeing tour, the company decided to no longer run the company. One of their main people (Monika) who is listed in all of the great reviews has purchased the company and is going to run the tours just like she did previously (she was an employee previously who ran the tours). This was mentioned a month or so on this board.

Unfortunately those who booked on a website and have paid the money received a notice that the tour is cancelled. She had hoped everyone who had booked would be transferred over with out interruption. Those who booked directly with Monika are fine. I did email Monika directly when fellow passengers received the cancelled notice and this is her response:

Here is the email from Monika (new owners of company, one who ran the tours last year):

Hello Theresa,

Thank you so much for you email. I got to know about it just now, surprisingly enough not from the booking service Book Finnmark but from a client who received such an email.

Our tour will be organised 100% but unfortunately the booking service worked behind my back and did not wait until my new company is fully established so the clients with existing bookings on Ko-Sand could cancel Ko Sand and book again on my new company. Instead the booking system is now encouraging to book other, alternative tours…Very sad…

So if you are able to help me by spreading the word, you will help me not lose all these clients and all my hard work.

I can be reached on northcapesightseeing@gmail.com and I am taking bookings directly, via this email.

I really need your help to make this work for everybody, please help me by letting everybody know and post this information all over the internet.

Thank you so much !

And see you 30. June at 09.00clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Monika

Here is the email from Monika (new owners of company, one who ran the tours last year)

I received the same email. We did not yet get the confirmation for the tour but she is probably very busy now.

We are travelling on the Sapphire Princess in June to the Norwegian Fiords and one of the the stops is Honningsvag from where we can take a tour up to the North Cape. Considering using this company for a 3.5 hour tour from the port. Has anyone used this company and how was it? It costs 680NOK per person.

Would you recommend the company as reliable and is the tour worth the time and money?

Hope someone can help.

If there is another company that you have used for a similar tour please let me know .

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked this tour for the May 27th arrival in NorthCape from HAL Rotterdam. The itinerary looks pretty good and price reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...
Already booked a few weeks ago. All is well! She was very good getting back to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wanted to get her info out to those who haven’t booked.

Looking forward to our Cruise!

I don't know what email you used, but I booked the tour with Monika via this email: northcapesightseeing@gmail.com. The company is now named Blue Puffin, with the website Blue-Puffin.com. I booked with her yesterday for a July tour

The post you quoted was from February.

If you had read my other comments, you will see that I had indeed contacted Monika and am booked. I even included her email address in my post.

I booked the tour with Monika via this email: northcapesightseeing@gmail.com. The company is now named Blue Puffin, with the website Blue-Puffin.com. I booked with her today for the afternoon tour (2:00-6:00).

Sebastian said the tour is cash (819 NOK) & that there is only 1 ATM in the town. It gets VERY busy when a cruise ship docks. Best to get NOK or Euros (85) BEFORE getting to Honningsvag.

Since we arrive in Honningsvag at 8:00 am, any suggestions of what to do?

I booked the tour with Monika via this email: northcapesightseeing@gmail.com. The company is now named Blue Puffin, with the website Blue-Puffin.com. I booked with her today for the afternoon tour (2:00-6:00).

Sebastian said the tour is cash (819 NOK) & that there is only 1 ATM in the town. It gets VERY busy when a cruise ship docks. Best to get NOK or Euros (85) BEFORE getting to Honningsvag.

Since we arrive in Honningsvag at 8:00 am, any suggestions of what to do?

Most of us are booked on the morning tour. I figure in the afternoon - I wanted to try to hit the Ice Bar. I know that won't take up the entire afternoon.

I plan on bringing some NOK with me. My plan is get some NOK and British Pounds next week and if I need more, I will use an ATM.

• 2 weeks later...
We will also be in Honningsvag this summer and I am planning to book the tour by KO Sand, which is recommended in other threads here. It also gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, which I have linked here because their website has been down for a while. Unfortunately, one of the owners just had a baby and the other is traveling, so they haven't gotten it fixed yet but hopefully they will soon.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g798839-d8116429-Reviews-KO_Sand_Travel-Nordkapp_Municipality_Finnmark_Northern_Norway.html

I may very well be far too late for this as you have likely sailed -

Monika and another guide from KO Sands have now started Blue-Puffin.com for North Cape Tours. Just booked one for this July.

Have heard there is a link from the former KO Sands tour info on trip advisor.

I may very well be far too late for this as you have likely sailed -

Monika and another guide from KO Sands have now started Blue-Puffin.com for North Cape Tours. Just booked one for this July.

Have heard there is a link from the former KO Sands tour info on trip advisor.

He found it. Others have posted Monika's contact info.

• 4 weeks later...
We just took Monikas tour. It was called Blue Puffin. It was great!
Yes, we took the tour last week and meant to post. It was excellent, and Monika is great (and very sweet)! I took a photo and was going to post it here, but I need to get it off my camera so it will have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I also just returned using Blue Puffin. I was on Sebastian's bus (Monika guided the other bus). I thought Sebastian did an excellent job and would recommend the tour.

My only frustration was with the weather :(. Beyond Sebastian and Monika's control.

Just took Monica's tour about 10 days ago. Booked directly through her. It was great. She is a delight to work with. The North Cape Sightseeing and Blue-Puffin connection is confusing to me. Her card lists both but bottom line the website is blue-puffin.com as has been stated previously. Had a picture perfect day with clear skies and sun! Just wish we'd been able to sample some of the crab!

Highly recommend this.