Royal Caribbean Cancels My Excursion

11madmic

I just received an email from royal that our jeep excursion in Curacao has been canceled for my upcoming cruise. They refunded me the money but the thing is, we are just a week and half out and there really isn't any good excursions left. Also, I booked it at 30% off. Is there a way to call and book an excursion at the discounted rate because that's when I booked? kinda feel little cheated on the whole ordeal to be honest.

Also, any suggestions for private excursions in Curacao?

Thanks

Welcome to the club. After about 4 cruises Royal had canceled 33% of my excursions and I usually found out when boarding the ship. This is why I do private excursions about 75% of the time these days. They are usually a better value and sometimes they are the same excursion. Trying to get a reason for the cancelation out of Royal is meaningless. They will tell you about concern for your safety, but I've seen excursions canceled because they didn't make expected profit margin.

Our excursion in Grenada a few weeks ago was cancelled on the pier at the last second.

We took a water taxi to the beach. Came back and explored town and had a GREAT lunch at BB's. It was a wonderful day. The nice thing about travel is there is something new around every corner, the key is to make the most of every day.:) Don't feel "cheated", make new plans and enjoy the vacation.

I don't think RCI actually runs many of the excursions. They are an agent. If you look at your ticket, it usually gives you the tour operator.

S**t happens. Buses, vans, and boats break down. And yes, some excursions get canceled because they aren't full. RCI does vette the operator and gets rid of those that disappoint guests. It certainly is a pain to have to scramble to find another excursion.

There are lots of great private tour operators in Curaçao. Try looking on www.tripadvisor.com

Thank you, found a very similar excursion that was very highly rated that I think I will book after looking through TripAdvisor.

Them cancelling obviously doesn't ruin anything, its just a little aggravating to say the least.

I don't think RCI actually runs many of the excursions. They are an agent. If you look at your ticket, it usually gives you the tour operator.

. RCI does vette the operator and gets rid of those that disappoint guests..

At least they use to, after the fact. My infamous TASTE OF ANTIGUA was probably never vetted before hand. I think it single handedly got RC to take excursion reviews off the site.

At least they use to, after the fact. My infamous TASTE OF ANTIGUA was probably never vetted before hand. I think it single handedly got RC to take excursion reviews off the site.

I remember a few years ago there would be reviews, always wondered what happened to them :p

What is the infamous taste of Antigua thing?

Check to see if it's just the time slot that got cancelled. With us the morning time slot was cancelled but we were able to book the afternoon time slot. Which excursion was it?

It was the Mini Jeep Adventure and Beach in Curacao. It is no longer listed in my cruise planner at all.