Disappearing Cruise details on Royal Website

ladylyn915

My two daughters with their families and my husband and I are cruising on the Anthem this coming July.

For the past month one daughter and I have not been able to access our billing information on the Royal Caribbean website. A second daughter's billing information is fine - however yesterday she noticed the fare had been changed and someone at Royal had removed the KSF promotion doubling her fare:o. That situation has been resolved and the promotion was reinstated.

Our issue is once we sign on to Royal's site and try to see our reservations, it only shows us who is in the cabin - no fare info. If we select make payment, the billing screen has all zeros. This was not the case when we first booked last November. We were able to see the complete breakdown as well as our deposit and balance.

We both have called numerous times. The first call - last month was met with " there are maintenance" issues. Two weeks later, the same response. Yesterday, my daughter was told the reservation was booked through a travel agent - Not! The other daughter booked all three cabins at the same time through the 800 #.

Today I called - twice I was disconnected. I finally asked to speak to a supervisor. He could find no issue at his end so I gave him my sign on details so he could see what I was seeing. He spent at least 15 minutes trying to update the reservation to populate all the info to no avail. Screen shots have now been sent to "IT" somewhere globally, to find a fix for the problem.

Additionally, my daughter will have to call herself to get this resolved. The supervisor could not make the request for her without speaking with her. I don't really have an issue with the supervisor - he at least tried to fix it -but both my daughter and I are a bit frustrated. We want to see our payments on line as we make them.

Has anyone ever had this kind of experience? This is my first cruise on Royal and I hope not my last.

I suspect that when they fixed your fare, the changes they made make it look to the system that you have booked by phone rather than online, so you have lost some web functionality. They may not be able to fix that. If not, you would have to make payments by phone.

In the meantime, I would call Royal and ask them to send you a copy of your booking confirmation. Make sure all the prices and payment amounts are correct. Keep this as you may not be able to depend on the website to show the proper info anymore.

I suspect that when they fixed your fare, the changes they made make it look to the system that you have booked by phone rather than online, so you have lost some web functionality. They may not be able to fix that. If not, you would have to make payments by phone.

In the meantime, I would call Royal and ask them to send you a copy of your booking confirmation. Make sure all the prices and payment amounts are correct. Keep this as you may not be able to depend on the website to show the proper info anymore.

Thanks for the response. It's beyond frustrating! We all have our original confirmations. The reservation was originally booked by phone, but the details were available online until a month ago. Also, two of us have not had any changes to our fares.

It just seems like a tremendous amount of incompetency on Royal's part.

... It just seems like a tremendous amount of incompetency on Royal's part.

Totally agree, and since the "glitches" are virtually always in Royal's favor, I have my suspicions that they are not motivated to "fix" them. They probably have a profit center assigned to the "glitch" and are loathe to eliminate it. Imagine how many people never notice and just pay the bill.

We booked an Alaskan cruise for 2019 2 months ago by phone. I received the invoice immediately, but have not been able to pull the cruise into "My Cruises". I am able to access the cruise by locating it using name, reservation number, ect, but the payment details and tab is missing. I have called and emailed several times. The response I receive tells me to call a number which actually turns out to be the C&A phone number. No one I have spoken to can understand why the cruise won't pull over. I am being told by everyone I have spoken to that the IT department currently working on upgrading the website so people will be able to book all 3 of their products from 1 website (Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara). All have told me that this should roll out by the end of February and help make the website more user friendly. I can only imagine the issues we will have with the website if this is actually true!!!:eek:

We booked an Alaskan cruise for 2019 2 months ago by phone. I received the invoice immediately, but have not been able to pull the cruise into "My Cruises". I am able to access the cruise by locating it using name, reservation number, ect, but the payment details and tab is missing. I have called and emailed several times. The response I receive tells me to call a number which actually turns out to be the C&A phone number. No one I have spoken to can understand why the cruise won't pull over. I am being told by everyone I have spoken to that the IT department currently working on upgrading the website so people will be able to book all 3 of their products from 1 website (Royal, Celebrity, and Azamara). All have told me that this should roll out by the end of February and help make the website more user friendly. I can only imagine the issues we will have with the website if this is actually true!!!:eek:

Yikes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This happens when u pull in the reservation and don’t check the box that makes you the owner. This cannot be corrected once it has happened. You can still use cruiseplanner and do reservations. The only thing u cannot do is make payments towards your cruise. You’ll have to call Royal and do them over the phone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This happens when u pull in the reservation and don’t check the box that makes you the owner. This cannot be corrected once it has happened. You can still use cruiseplanner and do reservations. The only thing u cannot do is make payments towards your cruise. You’ll have to call Royal and do them over the phone.

Why can’t they redo the reservation? It is their error not mine or my daughter’s

3 of us are booked in new solo inside cabins in the Adventure 2/19. My friend phoned RCL to change our date 1 week later. She was told that we had booked non refundable deposits. That was not true. I phoned and asked to speak with a supervisor. She seemed knowledgeable and said that the other person must have misread the screen. She changed our date without a charge. I think that the RCL website is pretty bad and not at user friendly. The people at Crown and Anchor seem to me to be a bit more customer service oriented.

I have only booked RCL and Carnival in the past couple of years. I could kind of say all these things about both of them. Both would do well to try and raise their bar to that of Cruise Critic. They can’t really expect people to book online with these websites and isn’t that what they want?

My impression is that the people you call are low wage workers with little training. Whether or not that is true, that’s how they make me feel. All of these billing changes do not inspire confidence. I think it’s really inexcusable and they need to fork over some $ for a better Web Designer or IT department!

I'm on the phone with Royal now and I'm being told that it is weird that I cannot get my information to come up (I did take 'ownership' when I first entered the site. I told the service rep, "no, it's not weird! There is an issue and it's not with me. It's an issue with your interface.

This guy doesn't really seem to have any answers and it's hard to understand what he is saying because his speech isn't very clear. I asked to speak to his supervisor but he was reluctant to transfer the call. I asked him if this was because the supervisor was unavailable or was there another reason he didn't think I should speak with him/her.

I have now been sitting on hold for about 20 minutes waiting....wondering is anyone is really going to get on this call.

I'm on the phone with Royal now and I'm being told that it is weird that I cannot get my information to come up (I did take 'ownership' when I first entered the site. I told the service rep, "no, it's not weird! There is an issue and it's not with me. It's an issue with your interface.

This guy doesn't really seem to have any answers and it's hard to understand what he is saying because his speech isn't very clear. I asked to speak to his supervisor but he was reluctant to transfer the call. I asked him if this was because the supervisor was unavailable or was there another reason he didn't think I should speak with him/her.

I have now been sitting on hold for about 20 minutes waiting....wondering is anyone is really going to get on this call.

Outrageous

Honestly I’ve never had this issue. My BF did this last week on our summer Anthem cruise. At the end of the day I don’t see what the big deal is. You can still do everything but see your cruise purchase/payments. Your payments and cruise price can still be managed via invoices. Every time you call to make a payment they email u an updated invoice statement. I would simply have the rep on the phone until I received the updated statement and confirmed all was good.

I don’t get all the energy being put into this issue.

Honestly I’ve never had this issue. My BF did this last week on our summer Anthem cruise. At the end of the day I don’t see what the big deal is. You can still do everything but see your cruise purchase/payments. Your payments and cruise price can still be managed via invoices. Every time you call to make a payment they email u an updated invoice statement. I would simply have the rep on the phone until I received the updated statement and confirmed all was good.

I don’t get all the energy being put into this issue.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, everything you say is true. But, it is a work around. They are a huge company; they have a website; the website has the capability to take payments.

It is the responsibility of this company to create and maintain their website and hire capable people to work with the company’s customers.

I respectfully disagree. Yes, everything you say is true. But, it is a work around. They are a huge company; they have a website; the website has the capability to take payments.

It is the responsibility of this company to create and maintain their website and hire capable people to work with the company’s customers.

I don’t disagree that they can do better. Aren’t our lives and energy worthy of something better? Nothing is ever going to be perfect. I’m just suggesting that we should focus and use our energy on more beneficial things. You can make a million phone calls bitching and trying to get them to fix it or you can make one phone call for final payment. I know what I choose. Life is too short. You all can spend yours as u choose. Just an observation.

Edited by Denversail

I don’t disagree that they can do better. Aren’t our lives and energy worthy of something better? Nothing is ever going to be perfect. I’m just suggesting that we should focus and use our energy on more beneficial things. You can make a million phone calls bitching and trying to get them to fix it or you can make one phone call for final payment. I know what I choose. Life is too short. You all can spend yours as u choose. Just an observation.

Denversail -

I totally respect your opinion.

We all look at the world we live in differently - if expecting a person or a company to be accountable for their mistakes is "bitching" then so be it.

For the purposes of this forum lets just agree to disagree.....