I was thinking of Jewel of the Seas January 2019 and the sailings have disappeared!

jled

God, I hope not! I absolutely love San Juan AND the Jewel... What do you think would replace it? And what bad press do you mean?

If Jewel is replaced in San Juan, it's very hard to say what would replace it. I know Serenade used to do the San Juan runs, but I don't see the logic in replacing one Radiance class ship with another.

If IT thinks the problem will be fixed in a day or two doesn’t that suggest a tech issue (not that Royal ever has tech issues, right?) rather than an itinerary change?

That's what it sounds like to me.

That's what it sounds like to me.
My salespeople use to blame IT for all the issues when talking to customers. lol

The first post that Royal's Facebook rep sent me stated that my April TA cruise showed cancelled. The cruise is still showing in "my cruises" on Royal's site. 9afb18aabb67f755f971c6a4d07b8199.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My salespeople use to blame IT for all the issues when talking to customers. lol

The first post that Royal's Facebook rep sent me stated that my April TA cruise showed cancelled. The cruise is still showing in "my cruises" on Royal's site.

I can't believe they ask if you want to book a cruise when you are trying to figure out if you just got screwed by Royal.:rolleyes:

I can't believe they ask if you want to book a cruise when you are trying to figure out if you just got screwed by Royal.:rolleyes:
I thought that was pretty ridiculous too. I didn't know you could book a cruise on Facebook.

We'll see what happens??

I am on the Jewel right now waiting to get off and I had tried to book at the NextCruise desk the JOTS for same week in Feb 2019 and was told by agent that the Jewel is not sailing out of San Juan in 2019 and will be replaced by the Freedom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am on the Jewel right now waiting to get off and I had tried to book at the NextCruise desk the JOTS for same week in Feb 2019 and was told by agent that the Jewel is not sailing out of San Juan in 2019 and will be replaced by the Freedom

I thought Freedom was considered to be replacing Adventure.

I thought Freedom was considered to be replacing Adventure.
Maybe Freedom is enough capacity for the demand Royal is experiencing out of San Juan??

Would be easy for Royal to move the 2019 booked Jewelers to the Freedom with most being okay with the extra OBC and price protection. Then have the TA leave from Jewel's new port.

Maybe Freedom is enough capacity for the demand Royal is experiencing out of San Juan??

Would be easy for Royal to move the 2019 booked Jewelers to the Freedom with most being okay with the extra OBC and price protection. Then have the TA leave from Jewel's new port.

I suppose this could be the situation, we shall see. However, over the past 10 years or so, whenever I looked at Serenade/Jewel pricing compared to Adventure, they seemed to be getting much higher prices (at least for the JS) for the Radiance class ship than for Adventure. Maybe the onboard spending was different, who knows. It just seems like the demand has supported both of those ships for a long time at prices that were not low, at least at the times we were looking.

I suppose this could be the situation, we shall see. However, over the past 10 years or so, whenever I looked at Serenade/Jewel pricing compared to Adventure, they seemed to be getting much higher prices (at least for the JS) for the Radiance class ship than for Adventure. Maybe the onboard spending was different, who knows. It just seems like the demand has supported both of those ships for a long time at prices that were not low, at least at the times we were looking.
A quick glance of 7 day cruises to the Caribbean between January - April 2019 does show Freedom costing more than cruises leaving Galveston/New Orleans. About the same ( +/- $100 PP) as those leaving south Florida. Tampa, Baltimore, and Oasis class show higher.

Would love to see Jewel do a short South American tour.

I ended up booking Celebrity Equinox out of Miami on Feb 2. I'll save on airfare now and can see my daughter for a few days before...I am not a huge fan of the Freedom.. I've been on the Independence and the Freedom and I hate the promenade area..I feel like its too much " inside" space..