I was thinking of Jewel of the Seas January 2019 and the sailings have disappeared!

jled

I have another question about Price Protection. If Royal offers us a desirable itinerary at the price we paid, will the onboard credit we booked with come along with us? And would they offer additional onboard credit? We have never gotten much in the past but this time managed to get $225 (all from Royal, not a travel agent). Thanks!

The would normally offer additional on board credit because of the cancellation. OBC from booking on board would remain, bit I'm not sure if any promo OBC from the original cruise would follow.

I have another question about Price Protection. If Royal offers us a desirable itinerary at the price we paid, will the onboard credit we booked with come along with us? And would they offer additional onboard credit? We have never gotten much in the past but this time managed to get $225 (all from Royal, not a travel agent). Thanks!

Yes your promotional OBC should stay but you will have to remind them when you call as it will automatically fall off the booking and they will have to re-instate it.

Just got the email...Jewel is moving to Miami January 2019...all cruises out of San Juan cancelled..

Would love to read more. Really dying to know if the ship is still making a transatlantic voyage, regardless if they shifted the sail date and embarkation port.

Would love to read more. Really dying to know if the ship is still making a transatlantic voyage, regardless if they shifted the sail date and embarkation port.

I assume it would, it still has initeraries in Rome starting early May. It has to get there some how. Really wish Royal wouldn't throw everyone for a loop when trying to figure out what's going on.

So I shouldn't get too interested in the 9 day Navigator cruise in April 19?? I know it's conjecture but still...

Good question, we shall see. Just don't change that cruise now until you get official word from Royal.

From the deployment thread (thanks to bigeck):

DearGuest,

TheJewel of the Seas’ will be moving to her new homeport in Miami. As aresult, your April 27, 2019 sailing must be cancelled. We sincerely apologizefor the inconvenience this causes and for the impact on your vacation, but we haveput together some great alternatives that we are hoping you will take advantageof. They are as follows:

Option1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• You can re-book Jewel of the Seas:3/29
    • Youroriginal stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise farerate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items

[*]And receive a credit to spend onboard perstateroom:

• $200for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

[*]Reimbursementof non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest forDomestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship andsail date
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard perstateroom:
    • $200for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest tospend onboard

[*]Reimbursement of non-refundable airlinecharges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300per guest for International flights)

Option3: If you choose to cancel, we will be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund to the originalform of payment, including any non-refundable deposit

Wewill call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you.In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at (888) 281-9344. In order to give you ample time to decide on an option that best fitsyour needs, you will not need to provide us with your final decision untilMarch 14, 2018.

Thankyou for your understanding. We hope that you find a suitable vacation optionwith us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short ofamazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

RoyalCaribbean International

So when can we “rebook”? Are Jewel sailings out of Miami available yet? Im also assuming they will replace jewel with another ship in San Juan. Ugh. I wish they’d tell us everything at once rather than these tidbits! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Wrh2016

I was thinking of a sailing on Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan, Puerto Rico for January 26..and all the sailings have disappeared!! Anyone know why? I am deciding between that..Freedom of the Seas..and Celebrity Equinox out of Miami..but an wondering where did those Jewel sailings go??

I was booked on Jewel out of San Juan for March 2019 and got an email from RCCL today:

"Dear Guest,

The Jewel of the Seas’ will be moving to her new homeport in Miami in January 2019. As a result, your Jewel cruise must be cancelled. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes and for the impact on your vacation, but we have put together some great alternatives that we are hoping you will take advantage of. "

Then they offer some nice onboard credits for rebooking on Freedom or another ship, or getting a refund + any nonrefundable airfare.

At first I was pretty happy because the prices on Freedom were less, but they are Sunday departing itineraries only and that is impossible for my work schedule. :(

And it looks like Freedom is the only game in town on RCCL going forward from 2019 if you want to sail San Juan. No other options.

I didn't want to book on Freedom, but would rather wait to see what SMALL ship might be assigned to Puerto Rico. Customer service moved me to Freedom to buy me time to move the reservation once it is determined what (if??) smaller ship will cruise out of San Juan. If it will only be Freedom, I'll cancel and rebook for 2020 on Summit, as I like that itinerary. No clue why there are no 2019 Summit salings - dry dock?? Charters?? We just got off Adventure last week. I like Voyager class, but am not a fan of anything larger. (No, I'm not speculating, I've cruised on Freedom.) I like PORT-INTENSIVE cruises, so the ones out of Florida aren't a good fit. We'll see what happens. For now, I've been assured that the $200 OBC will FOLLOW the reservation when I move it.

So when can we “rebook”? Are Jewel sailings out of Miami available yet? Im also assuming they will replace jewel with another ship in San Juan. Ugh. I wish they’d tell us everything at once rather than these tidbits! Lol

Yes... agree totally!!!!

Im also assuming they will replace jewel with another ship in San Juan.

That is a good question. And if so when will they announce it and make available for bookings. Glad we switched our Jewel 19' to Freedom a while ago. Of course there would have been some OBC, but who knows what's available on Freedom now, or what weeks they'll offer price protection.

They’re on the website. Showing a mix of 5, 9 and 10 day trips. The 9 day Friday-Sunday routes seem very, very popular.

That is a good question. And if so when will they announce it and make available for bookings. Glad we switched our Jewel 19' to Freedom a while ago. Of course there would have been some OBC, but who knows what's available on Freedom now, or what weeks they'll offer price protection.

They are letting us pick any week aboard the Freedom, but of course they are sold out the weeks we want..

Royal does it the same way every time.

1) Remove sailing from Website

2) Tell passengers everything is okay (checking inventory)

3) Weeks later send email stating cruise is cancelled.

4) Give the usual OBC depending on Stateroom and a choice of 2 or 3 replacements for price protection.

Rinse and Repeat

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Inventory Maintenance. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app