I was thinking of Jewel of the Seas January 2019 and the sailings have disappeared!

jled

This was the response from my travel agent...

"I called Royal Caribbean and they do not see any issues. They show that the sailing is in “Code Yellow” which means that the ship is sold out at this point. They said the ship is schedule to do a “dry-dock” in April of 2019."

Sold out for the whole four months.....lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

My thought exactly! I’m keeping my fingers crossed because I have a cruise booked on jewel during this time, but I’m not holding out much hope. I doubt they have three months of cruises sold out at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would just appreciate RC to come out and say what's going to happen... that way I'm not waiting around to book something that can't be booked.

I can only imagine how you guys who already have something booked on the Jewel feel!

Royal does it the same way every time.

1) Remove sailing from Website

2) Tell passengers everything is okay (checking inventory)

3) Weeks later send email stating cruise is cancelled.

4) Give the usual OBC depending on Stateroom and a choice of 2 or 3 replacements for price protection.

Rinse and Repeat

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

4) Give the usual OBC depending on Stateroom and a choice of 2 or 3 replacements for price protection.

Rinse and Repeat

And if you're really lucky, you might get a refund for airline change fee, but nothing for an increase in air fare.

The Jewel has itineraries in Rome in early May, with no itineraries out there showing, but with a return to San Juan in Oct.

Really wish they would just fess up to what's going on so I can come up with plan B!

They are waiting for the charter company's check to clear.

I certainly hope this does not happen to you but our January 2019 BR cruise has been code red since last summer. I saw the charter advertised for sale a couple of months ago and called RCL and they still just showed it code red.

I just got the email Friday that the ship was chartered. Only took 7 months :eek:

I certainly hope this does not happen to you but our January 2019 BR cruise has been code red since last summer. I saw the charter advertised for sale a couple of months ago and called RCL and they still just showed it code red.

I just got the email Friday that the ship was chartered. Only took 7 months :eek:

Wow, that's a long time, even for Royal. Must be some interesting backstory to that, but unfortunate for the cruisers in limbo all that time.

Would someone mind explaining the code yellow and reds? I have no idea what that means. [emoji6]

I don't know what yellow means, but red means they are taking no new bookings for that particular sailing.

My step-mother-in-law who is booked on the Transatlantic with us spent 40 mins on the phone with Royal this afternoon. They told her that in ten business days there would be information sent out either by phone or email with options.

Oh NO! That doesn't sound good!

Rinse and Repeat

And if thats not acceptable to the customer, they can get their deposit refunded in full... but... what if it's non-refundable? All the verbage re: NRD I've seen is based on the customer making changes to an existing reservation, never the cruise line.

Patty

... And if thats not acceptable to the customer, they can get their deposit refunded in full... but... what if it's non-refundable? All the verbage re: NRD I've seen is based on the customer making changes to an existing reservation, never the cruise line.

Patty

If the cruise line cancels your cruise, you would get the full deposit back, even it it was non-refundable.

I have another question about Price Protection. If Royal offers us a desirable itinerary at the price we paid, will the onboard credit we booked with come along with us? And would they offer additional onboard credit? We have never gotten much in the past but this time managed to get $225 (all from Royal, not a travel agent). Thanks!