I was thinking of Jewel of the Seas January 2019 and the sailings have disappeared!

jled

They are letting us pick any week aboard the Freedom, but of course they are sold out the weeks we want..

Sorry to hear that. We did B2B on Jewel the last two years in January. There were a lot of people who did multiple weeks on her in that time frame who I'm sure will be disappointed in this move to MIA.

My gut tells me Royal is probably changing the schedule around and possibly changing the home port for those four months.

Goodbye San Juan????

Maybe the San Juan bad press is catching up????

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Called it.....

So when can we “rebook”? Are Jewel sailings out of Miami available yet? Im also assuming they will replace jewel with another ship in San Juan. Ugh. I wish they’d tell us everything at once rather than these tidbits! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked Jewell for 2/15/19. 10 night out of Miami - ABC islands + Labadee & Grand Cayman. They canceled my Navagator 2/15/19 cruise and offered this one. It's not on the website yet as they are letting those who were bumped to have first shot at the cabins. I snagged JS AFT 1100. :p

Dear Guest,

The Navigator of the Seas is undergoing extended renovation. As a result, we regrettably must cancel our Navigator of the Seas February 15, 2019 sailing. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes and the impact on your vacation. We made this decision as early on as possible to ensure that we give you time to find an optimal vacation plan.

In addition, we have put together some options and in hopes to make up for the inconvenience this cancellation has caused. They are as follows:

Option 1: Re-book Selected Sailings

• You can re-book Jewel of the Seas: 2/1 or 2/15
    • Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items. If the cruise fare happens to be lower for these sailings, you are eligible for the lowest available price.

[*]And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:

• $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

[*]Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean Sailing

• Re-book any other Royal Caribbean ship and sail date
  • And receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
    • Plus an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard

[*]Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $300 per guest for International flights)

Option 3: If you choose to cancel

• We will process a full refund to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit

We will call you personally to ensure we reach the best possible solution for you. In the meantime, if you have questions or concerns, please reach out to us at 1-866-506-7245. Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment. In order to give you ample time to decide on an option that best fits your needs, you will not need to provide us with your final option decision until March 14, 2018.

Thank you for your understanding. We hope that you find another great vacation option with us, as we have no doubt your vacation will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

I'm worried reading comments that RCL has decided to substitute one big ship for the two (one each medium and small ship) they traditionally sail out of San Juan. I allowed them to switch me to Freedom to buy some time to learn about the new itineraries, but I suspect I'll be cancelling. I want a port-intensive itinerary on a small ship. I may have to wait until 2020 and take the Celebrity Summit. I like the itinerary.

Just booked Jewell for 2/15/19. 10 night out of Miami - ABC islands + Labadee & Grand Cayman. They canceled my Navagator 2/15/19 cruise and offered this one. It's not on the website yet as they are letting those who were bumped to have first shot at the cabins. I snagged JS AFT 1100. :p

Debitoo - thank you! I’m looking at that same sailing now. Was your original navigator sailing a 7 or 9 day?

I'm worried reading comments that RCL has decided to substitute one big ship for the two (one each medium and small ship) they traditionally sail out of San Juan. I allowed them to switch me to Freedom to buy some time to learn about the new itineraries, but I suspect I'll be cancelling. I want a port-intensive itinerary on a small ship. I may have to wait until 2020 and take the Celebrity Summit. I like the itinerary.

Just a little heads up. There is no way of knowing just yet as the 2020 winter season is a long ways off but the Summit out of San Juan is often chartered. This was my reason for booking Freedom this time around and now there are 2020 winter sailings missing for her. (Yep just vanished off the RCCL site one day ;p)

Seems there is a lot of shuffling going on with RCCL right now. :confused:

Debitoo - thank you! I’m looking at that same sailing now. Was your original navigator sailing a 7 or 9 day?

9 day

Super bummed by the TA move to Miami. I live in San Juan, so now I have to add a flight. But MORE importantly - the March 29th sail date now has us arriving at Holy Week in flippin' Rome. We were planning on spending a week. I bet hotel prices will be astronomical. :(

Super bummed by the TA move to Miami. I live in San Juan, so now I have to add a flight. But MORE importantly - the March 29th sail date now has us arriving at Holy Week in flippin' Rome. We were planning on spending a week. I bet hotel prices will be astronomical. :(
Plus a colder ride over.....

With regard to hotels, we stayed at the port (Civitavecchia) and took the train in to Rome when we wanted to see the city. Found the hotel prices much less expensive.

Lemonade out of lemons for us on this one. We booked the westbound Panama Canal transit on February 25. The price was shockingly reasonable, under $3kpp for a JS. We are keeping our original redeployment OBC of $400 plus adding anther $400 for this one. Plus some miscellaneous OBC that carried over as well. It wasn’t showing on Cruising Power, but I called the redeployment desk and got it done. Woo hoo!

Lemonade out of lemons for us on this one. We booked the westbound Panama Canal transit on February 25. The price was shockingly reasonable, under $3kpp for a JS. We are keeping our original redeployment OBC of $400 plus adding anther $400 for this one. Plus some miscellaneous OBC that carried over as well. It wasn’t showing on Cruising Power, but I called the redeployment desk and got it done. Woo hoo!

We had $275 obc for January 19 sailing, and are supposed to get the "apology credit" of $200. They won't let us keep our credit from our prior booking On the Jewel unless we book on the Freedom, which is booked for that week. So not only do we have to figure out a lesser exciting cruise out of Florida, but we also lose our original credit! Total bs!

Just got an email that our cruise on Navigator 2/1/19 has been cancelled due to an extended renovation. (2/15/19 sailing also) Jewel on 2/1/19 was one of the alternate options they are recommending.

We were also booked on the Navigator for the 9-night sailing on February 1, 2019.....and did receive the same email.......so.......

We did switch to the Jewel of the Seas for the February 1, 2019 sailing out of Miami. It honestly worked out pretty sweet on our end. Although the ship is a bit smaller....we were able to get a larger room. We went from a Junior Suite to an Owner's Suite and actually refunded over $110......plus on board credit was bumped up $400 for the Navigator having been cancelled.

We have sailed the Navigator and will miss sailing on her this go 'round. So on a positive note.....we still stay with a 9-night Southern Caribbean sailing with a bit of an upgrade. Overall happy with how it worked out for us......however....I know each individual circumstance is different and it will certainly leave others with certain disappointment.

Safe travels to all! :)

The October 30, 2019 TA still shows it ending in San Juan. Do you think the ship might return to San Juan for the fall 2019 - winter 2020 season, or is the TA itinerary likely to change?

Oooh... hope!!! Excellent observation and question!!

We switched from NOTS 2/1/ to JOTS. We got a much better price saving over $2,000 for same category on Jewel. We decided to take the money rather than upgrade. We kept our OBC but we lost the promotional credit that we got when we booked...per RCI, since the price went down, they would not honor the promo OBC. So we lost $100 but did get the $400 credit plus the savings.

We actually planned to cancel the NOTS because the cruise wold have been immediately out of drydock. We did that once and there was still work being done on the ship...dust was everywhere and my allergies revolted!

So sorry for everyone that has been impacted by all of this change. RCI has all of us asking "who's on first?" while they play Musical Ships.

The Jewel is going to Miami in early 2019 so all San Juan departures have been cancelled. There are only two cruises in late Feb and early March now on Jewel which are Panama to and from San Diego.

Sent from my iPad using Forums