When to book cruise

Tropicbreeze23

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have a question about when to book my cruise. We want to go on a Carnival cruise that is almost 60 days out and was wondering if we needed to book now, or wait until it is less that 60 days in case prices are lower and more rooms become available due to lack of people making final payment.

Thanks!

When Carnival runs sales, you can generally get some good deals. When you're a past member, you can sometimes even get a better sale.

I usually start there and find the best price. Sometimes, when you start with a specific itinerary and date, you can get limited. Not that it's impossible though.

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting. I have a question about when to book my cruise. We want to go on a Carnival cruise that is almost 60 days out and was wondering if we needed to book now, or wait until it is less that 60 days in case prices are lower and more rooms become available due to lack of people making final payment.

Thanks!

If the sail date happens to fall within the Spring Break period, odds are slim to none that the prices will drop any lower. And, it will most likely be completely booked within the next few weeks. If you want to go, and are still able to get the cabin you want, book it now.

Same here, I book as soon as I know I want to go. Granted, I often have price protection and always keep an eye on price drops. Honestly, the last 2 trips have been 1+ years out because of pricing. Great price and with over a year to pay, makes it easier for me to save for the cruise.

I would doubt the price will go down between now and mid-April, because that is near the end of Spring Break for non-college kids (so think families).

It is very mildly possible there will be last-minute deals on interiors maybe, but only after other types have sold out, so I sure wouldn't count on it!

e.g. the cruise I am going on in 9 days: everything is sold out except for a few interiors, AFAICT (EDIT: just counted: 7 staterooms left). And the price is a bit more ($30 pp) than what I originally paid in January (about 50 days out).

The way to get the absolute cheapest rate is to book Early Saver as soon as the itineraries are released. That way the prices either go up, in which case you locked in the lowest price, or you price match when they go down, thus always having the lowest price.

For 60 days out, I would just book. Again, if ES is still available book that, and then just price match if it goes down. But chances are it won’t. I don’t see prices go down that often. Only if a sailing isn’t selling. Which isn’t that common these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here are the final payment deadlines for Carnival. Prices are now adjusted by computer algorithms and not humans. What I've been noticing is that prices are going higher the closer it gets to the cruise date.

Cruise Duration

Final Payment

Required

2 - 3 days

60 days prior to sailing

4 - 5 days

60 days prior to sailing

6 - 9 days

75 days prior to sailing

10 days +

90 days prior to sailing

Alaska

90 days prior to sailing

Europe

90 days prior to sailing

I believe they are doing 50 dollar deposits and OBC right now too - probably done with that tomorrow. We're going on the Miracle in April and I booked that cruise in November of 2016. So not too experienced at booking this close to sailing lol. My cabin category has only gone up since we booked - like 300~400 dollars up per person.

I have never even considered booking a cruise that close to sail date. I know you probably don't know but for most cruisers, 60 days out is "near the end" for us waiting to take our next cruise.

lol yep! After having my countdown clock start out at over 500 days, we're in the home stretch now!

The way to get the absolute cheapest rate is to book Early Saver as soon as the itineraries are released. That way the prices either go up, in which case you locked in the lowest price, or you price match when they go down, thus always having the lowest price.

For 60 days out, I would just book. Again, if ES is still available book that, and then just price match if it goes down. But chances are it won’t. I don’t see prices go down that often. Only if a sailing isn’t selling. Which isn’t that common these days.

Totally agree.

Thanks!

Book it now.

I believe they are doing 50 dollar deposits and OBC right now too - probably done with that tomorrow. We're going on the Miracle in April and I booked that cruise in November of 2016. So not too experienced at booking this close to sailing lol. My cabin category has only gone up since we booked - like 300~400 dollars up per person.

Thanks, we booked with a PVP tonight and got OBC. I have only been on two cruises and they were nine and ten years ago. I am also (normally) a planner and book way ahead, but I just found out they have a port in Jacksonville and that was a game changer! No need to wait, haha. We can drive there and wouldn't put a stain on our one year old.We did get nice rooms that connect so grandma and me-maw can babysit some. :D:D:DThanks for responding!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I DID take your advice and booked tonight. We got nice connecting rooms so that Grandma and Me-maw can babysit some, haha! I had to get help from a PVP since it did look like all the rooms left online were not so great (I.E. close to public spaces, elevators, over or under noise). We got lucky this time.

Now that I know we have a port not too far away, I can start planning one in advance now.

Could you(anyone) tell me how you find out when itineraries are released?

Could you(anyone) tell me how you find out when itineraries are released?

Generally, we just keep looking at the cruise offerings from Carnival, and you will suddenly see a new block of dates appear - that is the clue that they've added itineraries. I don't know of any formal press releases or other general-public notification systems. I would imagine TAs are hooked in somehow, though. Or maybe not - maybe they have to do their own browsing to see new dates pop up.