REVIEW: Fabulous Japan on Celebrity Millennium - October 2017

Miaminice

Thank you for another wonderful travelogue. You have a gift for offering just the right amount of logistical detail interwoven with photos and information about specific sights. I sometimes wish your photos were numbered so that I could mention specific ones that I find especially beautiful.

Your city scenes are fascinating, but your nature photos are glorious. I’ve looked at them again and again, especially those taken in Kokyogaien National Park, Yoyogi Park, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto - especially the palace garden pavilions, the torii in Hiroshima, Senga -en gardens, and Jeju Stone Park. I wanted to be there for your Tokyo ramen adventure (and all the rest of your ramen and gyoza adventures lol) and I love your night shots of the Ferris wheel near Yokohama Cruise Terminal and the Shanghai Bund and Pudong skyline. Lastly, of all the very moving monuments to peace in Hiroshima, I found the Te Korowai Rangimarie (Cloak of Peace) monument from New Zealand especially moving. I agree with you. Let us hope, with all our hearts and souls, to avoid future nuclear holocausts.

And when we finally have the time to take this cruise, my DH will blame you when he tries to find room in our bags for our own little Dol Hareubang:)

I am really enjoying your trip report, we are on a similar itinerary on the Millennium this fall. I am interested to know what the air pollution was like, esp since you cruised in Oct. DH has asthma issues and we are starting to reconsider if this cruise is a smart idea for him, we have already ruled out a pre-cruise trip to Beijing and Xian. I know that no one can predict these things, just would like to know what you encountered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've had asthma and an allergy to smoke for years. I have been seeing a Naturopath and he had me cut out all Dairy, Sugar and Wheat (along with other things, he does testing). I was shocked when I have accidentally walked near a smoker and no asthma attacks. I think I'm up to 8 or so exposures without an attack. Not sure if your husband has tried a Naturopath but I can't believe the difference. Sure has changed my life, I don't have to worry if I need to go get groceries, or take a walk outside.

Ill be reading the trip reports later (they are obviously wonderful!l, but one quick question to those who have done Japan by cruise:

How far are the ports from the sites of interest? The SE Asian itineraries have ports that are very far, and that entirely turns us off. Are the port stops in Japan the same way?

Ill be reading the trip reports later (they are obviously wonderful!l, but one quick question to those who have done Japan by cruise:

How far are the ports from the sites of interest? The SE Asian itineraries have ports that are very far, and that entirely turns us off. Are the port stops in Japan the same way?

I haven’t yet sailed this itinerary, but you may want to start with the forums for the Asian ports:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

We are also interested in this. We are booked on the Sept 30:Japan Explorer cruise and are in the process of deciding on excursions. In some ports we would like to just walk off and explore or shuttle to a spot in town to wander, have a local lunch and shop in a nearby area, without taking an organized tour, was this possible in any of your ports, or were tours necessary to see anything?

Thanks for the earlier suggestions for my asthmatic husband. He has been thru some of those treatments and we may consider starting them up again, esp the ones for smoke, thats not such a problem in the US anymore, but overseas it will probably be a trigger for him. Appreciate the suggestion.

JAPAN ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM

Finally we can present you the first part of our travelogue about our cruise to Japan, South Korea and China.

It certainly ranks among the top three of our cruises. Ultramodern cities, 1000 year old temples - what a mix...

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Japan with us:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

001-Japan-Stripe-2.jpg

Fantastic photos and review. Could you please tell me if you could get the 144 hour visa on arrival in Shanghai? We are from UK and are doing the same trip soon. We will be staying in Shanghai for 3 nights then back to UK via Hong Kong and seem to fit the requirements but keep hearing conflicting reports..

Regards

Often the ship is right beside a working dock, in which case there will be a shuttle bus to take you to the centre of town or the main station. Everywhere you stop you will be met by English speaking tourist info people who will help you plan your visit or facilitate anything you have pre booked.

Do not avoid Japan because some ports are out of town, you will get around so easily. Local transport is easy to use.

Enjoy

• 4 months later...
JAPAN ON CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM

Finally we can present you the first part of our travelogue about our cruise to Japan, South Korea and China.

It certainly ranks among the top three of our cruises. Ultramodern cities, 1000 year old temples - what a mix...

Sit back, relax, click on the link and travel to beautiful Japan with us:

http://travellove.one/Our-Trips/Celebrity-Millennium-Japan/celebrity-millennium-japan.html

001-Japan-Stripe-2.jpg

Lovely post. We are also going on the Celebrity Millennium on Oct 13 this year and wonder if you can remember whether it was Osanbashi pier that you sailed from last year? We have to get to the port ourselves so need to know where we are heading for in Yokohama. Thank you

Lovely post. We are also going on the Celebrity Millennium on Oct 13 this year and wonder if you can remember whether it was Osanbashi pier that you sailed from last year? We have to get to the port ourselves so need to know where we are heading for in Yokohama. Thank you

Thank you!

Yes, it was. Getting there is easy... take the train from Tokyo to Yokohama. From Yokohama station you can choose between taking a subway taking you close to the pier or to take a taxi to port.

For the comfort of it we took a taxi. It was around 20 USD.