Sabor on Allure

k&tcamp

First time cruising with RCI on May 27th sail date. Looking at Sabor restaurant- what exactly does the $22 pp get you? Is that a cover charge and then you pay a la carte pricing or does the $22 cover the meal. Thanks in advance!

First time cruising with RCI on May 27th sail date. Looking at Sabor restaurant- what exactly does the $22 pp get you? Is that a cover charge and then you pay a la carte pricing or does the $22 cover the meal. Thanks in advance!

Cover charge gets you multiple appetizers and one entree. There is no a la carte pricing, that is an old menu.

We were there over Christmas 2017 when it was still ala carte. We have been there before twice, but were very disappointed this time. We were a party of seven, and we had made a reservation. The servers were very friendly and worked hard, but it was clear they were very understaffed. We waited almost 30 minutes before anyone even came to our table. We had our dinners served over the course of 10ish minutes. And several things were still missing. And then they of course asked us to give them a 10 rating

I would never go there if there was a cover charge. At least with ala carte I could leave if it was ever that bad again

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We went there last July and it was not ala carte. I didn't think the food was all that good and wouldn't go there again. I thought it was high priced for what I had which was a chicken quesadilla and I think a churro for dessert.

My daughter-in-law had some beef dish and didn't like it at all. They didn't seem to like the soup much either. I realize we could have ordered more food, but we felt it was going to be more of the same not great food.

My reason for going there was to have the table prepare guacamole. I found out they no longer do that and what we were served is like what I buy at Costco. It was ok, but definitely not worth going there again for it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on Allure when she first started sailing, I remember the cover charge being $10pp, maybe less. And now it's $22? Wow, what a rip off. Mexican restaurants on my area serve huge meals for less than $10.

I believe Sabor was a la carte when it first arrived on Allure.

I must have had too many margaritas and my memory is cloudy. ;)

I don't recall it being very expensive, however.

I think that was probably why they changed it. Two people could go in there for a snack for around $10. Now, two people would cost over $40.

I think that was probably why they changed it. Two people could go in there for a snack for around $10. Now, two people would cost over $40.

That's my recollection also. Seems first time on Oasis we (2) walked out stuffed for less than $20. In October on Oasis it was closer to $40. I still like the food and the venue is fun for people watching. We had the 5&3 GD this last time and it nice to be able to let them run around on Boardwalk while we sat and finished up dinner.